New to studies Thank You

by mysticalwolf40 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome mysticalwolf40 to JWN.

Why did you shut the door on the JWs before and not this time? Did you like the JW at the door this time and not before? Is the person who introduced you to the Watchtower the same person who is conducting Bible studies with you?

Most members on JWN love JWs because they are family and/or former friends, but do not like the policies and doctrines of the Watchtower. I agree with other JWN members that you should read articles on www.JWfacts.com, and if you want to learn more about how the Watchtower trains JWs to recruit members, please Read Steve Hassan's book "Combatting Cult Mind Control" or visit his website at www.freedomofmind.com and read the information on that website and watch the videos there. By the way Steve Hassan was a Moonie and did not even know about JWs and the Watchtower when he wrote his first book.

I hope that you critically think for yourself and read articles on JWfacts and "Combatting Cult Mind Control". A former JW friend tried to recruit me to be a JW. When I started asking her questions about Watchtower propaganda, she wrote to me saying "I'm not encourageed" and stopped being friends with me. I wish that someone had suggested to me to read Steve Hassan's books when I first joined JWN.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome mysticalwolf40!

Interesting name choice--really, interesting...except for the forty.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome mysticalwolf40!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Do you believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel?

Just wondering if your 4 months of brotherly and sisterly kiss up to you ever mentioned that. They are not friends with out conditions.

You might be happy now but test the waters and disagree with a point or two. We can help you if you want!

You sound like your looking for some FUN! Let's play. LOL

Welcome!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hello mystic wolf,

I have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses my entire life. I am now in my early thirties, and have begun to question certain things. Among them are the doctrine of refusing blood transfusuions even though the bible says nothing of this. In fact, if you took a blood transfusion and did not offer them repentance, you could be kicked out all together. Then if anyone spoke to you, THEY could be kicked out.

This didn't sound like something Jesus would approve of to me. Jehovah's Witnesses can be wonderful people. My wife is, my mother is, my friends are. But, the organization that runs the religion has some things to answer for.

www.jwfacts.com is a good place to start.

Unfortunately, it is all true and verifyable. Most JW's try to paint sites such as that as lies, but there is evidence to back up its claims.

Either way i hope you are doing well, and welcome to the board. If you have any questions at all, many of us have been bible students for decades. We are happy to offer our thoughts. The ultimate choice resides with you of course.

Welcome.

• steve2
    steve2

Well mysticalwolf40, if everything's so lovely, what you posting here for? Hope you don't close the door on us, but I suspect you have already. Remember, when the honeymoon's over, we'll still be here. Best steve2

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WOLFIE, I'm fairly new here too. Please please please do yourself and your loved ones a favor and inspect this and other recommended sites further. The internet and the World Wide Web are a wonderful thing.

Best regards,

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome mw40

We would love to hear what you are learning about the" truth"

smiddy

• whathappened
    whathappened

Would you by a new car or a new appliance without seeing what others have to say bout it?

Dont just study what Jehovah's witnesses say, read what others who are not Jehovah's witnesses have to say.

www.jwfacts.com as mentioned is where you should start.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

MW40 has been warned about us...his teacher has said Satan would pressure him and even persecute him to the hinder his progress in the truth. So now that he seen how apostates are evil he will study 3 times a week...pray more...become an unbaptize publisher and will get dunked at the next special assembly day in the fall...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit