What the heck is a Godhead?

by Rattigan350 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I was listening to the radio, a religous show.

The speaker started talking about how the holy spirit is the third person of the Godhead.

They just assume that everyone understands what a Godhead is, and it is a manmade term. That is what makes their point of view so ridiculous.

Is it like a Godfoot, Godear, God elbow?

They have their scriptures to link the holy spirit with the trinity, and JWs have their scriptures to unlink it, and never they two shall meet.

I believe it is God's responsiblity to clarify things if it matters.

• Ding
    Ding

"Godhead" is simply a term used to encompass the three persons of the Trinity.

It comes from the old English "Godhede" which means "godhood."

• Honesty
    Honesty

You don't have to believe that the Trinity is a biblical concept to get saved.

I didn't believe it when I got saved.

• humbled
    humbled

Heck yeah, Rattigan! My pet peeve with religions! Make everyone jump through a bunch of ridiculous doctrines because they peered through some ancient greek and hebrew texts.

"The most exquisite folly is made of wisdom spun too fine"--Benjamin Franklin

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

That is true because most people do not struggle with God Head because they believe it with out bothering to ask the question question it is a given. Like you never ask questions to why you drink water, you just know that your thirsty.

At this point in your struggle to understand the God Head ask your self this question. Do you believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel?

Because the Jehovahs Witnesses must believe that Jesus is an angel. In their view point you only have two options. Believe Jesus was Michael before he became a man or believe he is Jehovah God. Lol, one or the other! Your probably like me and say neither, but that is not an option.

Now back to the God Head.the Holy Ghost as God. How important is the Hoy Ghost. He was sent by the Father , and Jesus had to be back in heavenbefore the Father could send him. He has the same nature as God. He comes from God like Jesus.

Here is another point one really can not prove that the Holy Spirit is not a God. It one of those points. Depending on the bible your reading.

The Jehovahs Witnesses are trained to read God as only Jehovah in old testament. However, I had to read the bible like a Trinitarian that is when you read the bible God think three Father,Son,Holy Spirit every time you see the word God. Wew! When you read it that way it really does change everything. Hard to train yourself to read differently. We were just so brain washed that we do not really understand how people get it yet we do not.

Okay for me as a Christian the new testament and Jesus Christ is more important than Holy Ghost God Head. I believe that Jesus was a God prior to being a man. God from God. He was with the Father in eternity. Another concept the JW are wrong. They do not teach eternity the right way.

I believe God is a TITLE like FATHER, President, Manager. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost can not prove he is not!

The Holy Spirit comes from God so he Is God. Jehovahs Witnesses can not prove the Holy Spirit is not a God. But they consider God is just a title so who cares.

The bottom line WT can not prove that the God Head is pagan. See the Trinity brochure the WTBTS go to extremes to prove that God Head from the bible are pagan. For one thing the history of pagan God Heads a one head with three images can not be compared to the Bibles God: God The Father,God The Son,God The Holy Ghost. They are not grouped on one Head they are seperate but have the title of God. Most religions are not going to compare Alimighty Father or Mighty God to pagan gods. Again it is a mind control process.

In fact what the Jehovahs Witnesses declare by under minding Jesus as a god is that he is false. The word god is always false god with WT articles see the Trinity brochure. In fact fact they are calling Jesus a god is stating he is a false god. They also place him a an angel knowing emen worshipped angels. Pagan gods are false gods,Satan made himself to be a god, and Jesus is a god. They are the only religion that invertly made Jesus a false god or many angels.

Now how important will it be when you here the God Head. They,WT, so messed with our heads with that one! Lol just came up with something. People Head. We are all seperate with our own lives and idenity. God Head they are all seperate with their seperate lives and idenities. You will always have questions on this one.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

col 2:9 very clear

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Not sure about Godhead. I have, however, experienced Goodhead.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

NWT Col

9 because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily. 10 And so ? YOU ? are possessed of a fullness by means of him, who is the head of all government and authority. 1

NIV

For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. [ a ]

Footnotes:

1. 2:9 Or in him dwells all the completeness of the Godhead bodily.

There you have it.

Surjah Khan that was on called for! I am sure you can find a site to express you deviant humor. It is not wanted during a serious blog. Find another place to vent your comments. Pervert!

• Terry
    Terry

I was listening to the radio, a religous show.

The speaker started talking about how the holy spirit is the third person of the Godhead.

They just assume that everyone understands what a Godhead is, and it is a manmade term. That is what makes their point of view so ridiculous.

Well, it isn't a term of medicine, physics, anatomy, philosophy or any other science. It is a "coined" noun which embodies the same basic idea as a Trimvirate in the pre-christian era of Rome.

Noun TRIUMVIRATE

1. (in ancient Rome) A group of three men holding power, in particular (the First Triumvirate) the unofficial coalition of Julius Caesar,...
    2. A group of three powerful or notable people or things existing in relation to each other.

Keep in mind that there was mix of persons who accepted Jesus including plenty of Pagan members of the Roman empire. When Jerusalem was destroyed a sizeable chunk of messianic Jewish christians fled leaving the predominate "thinkers" and policy makers who were pagan chistians to coin the terms of debate. What the New Testament most certainly reflects is the ADMIXTURE of guesses about the nature of Jesus. There are clearly non Trinitarian ideas right alongside clearly Trinitarian concepts. The problem is that these ideas CO-EXIST and are in no way explicated definitively. That leaves a three hundred year hiatus until Constantine tried to herd cats into agreement about all things. The knock down drag out arguments, debates, fights, altercations and screaming matches only succeeded in a CONSENSUS and not a real 100% agreement by all parties. The term GODHEAD is a variant of "godhood" which is similar to the state of being implied in "childhood" or "adulthood" meaning the NATURE OF.... The most particular and precise true statement that can be made about the NATURE OF God is that the bible reflects the opinions of a great many writers who reported orally transmitted, imprecise conjecture. We can NOT pretend there is an IS when there isn't.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The hood of the gods.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit