Dualism in new WT theology?

by Thoughtless 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Nothing else. I thought of it more like the "essence" of me, to be specific.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So, I guess during the GT it must go something like this:

A corrupt human ruler decides to execute a GB member...let's say Anthony Morris III. So as the bad guy yells, " FIRE!!" and the bullets hit Brother Morris, he dies, and ceases to exist entirely per WTBTS "truth." Then for less than a nano-second his last breath/oxygen/spirit/impersonal life-force/battery power goes to God's memory, the "cloud" that is not in heaven. It's like a computer program, " Jehoogle Cloud " maybe, an off-site server room? It must be because it's not in heaven..Tartarus perhaps? Then, in less than the blink of an eye, Anthony is re-created as an immortal spirit being. In some unknown way he made it to heaven, because his spirit did NOT return to heaven according to the Bible Teach book..

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

>JEHOOGLE CLOUD .

> L O L.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Datadog, what gives you the impression that "it" is not in heaven? Don't believe everything you hear at a Kingdom Hall. The following scriptures tell a different story:

22 But you have come to Mount Zion, the city31 of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the assembly

23 and congregation of the firstborn, who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous, who have been made perfect,

24 and to Jesus, the mediator32 of a new covenant (Heb 12:22-24 NET)

Here the writer of Hebrews mention God, the angels, the congregation of the firstborn [according to the WT, this is the 144000], and Jesus. Now who are "the spirits of the righteous made perfect?" They can't be the 144000. Why would these be repeated? So this is another group. We know Ecc. 12:7 says the spirit returns to God who gave it. Now look at the following passage. Where are these? I believe they are in heaven where the altar is.

9 Now when the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been violently killed because of the word of God and because of the testimony they had given.

10 They cried out with a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Master, holy and true, before you judge those who live on the earth and avenge our blood?"

11 Each of them was given a long white robe and they were told to rest for a little longer, until the full number was reached of both their fellow servants and their brothers who were going to be killed just as they had been. (Rev 6:9-11 NET)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nothing gives ME that impression. The Bible Teach book says:

page 211:

" Speaking about man's death, Ecclesiastes 12:7 states: "The dust [of his body] returns to the earth just as it happened to be and the spirit itself returns to the true God who gave it." When the spirit, or life-force, leaves the body, the body dies and returns to where it came from-the earth. Comparably, the life-force returns to where it came from-God. (Job 34:14, 15; Psalm 36:9) This does not mean that the life-force actually travels to heaven. Rather, it means that for someone who dies, any hope of future life rests with Jehovah God. His life is in God's hands, so to speak. Only by God's power can the spirit, or life-force, be given back so that a person may live again."

That's "current truth" from the GB. I don't agree, which is why I am an "apostate" in Satan's Kitchen.... I should have been more clear. The idea that the spirit returns to God, but does not travel to heaven in a WTBTS teaching. It makes no sense in light of the scriptures that you sighted. Neither does death=non-existence make sense. Jesus said death was like sleep, not oblivion from which you must be totally re-created. A sleep-like state is not non-existence. Surely Jesus could have explained what death really was to his disciples. Oh, wait..He did! Sleep...

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I agree with you. That makes me an apostate too! Even when Jesus died he "delivered up [his] spirit" (NW). Funny how JWs squirm when you mention these scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit