In Case You Had Any Doubts About Dinosaurs

by metatron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

They were created by Jehoooba to keep the per-flood vegetation in check. They weren't carnivorous. They needed those big teeth to chew up trees and such, not each other.

Scientists suck.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I just googled 'dinosaurs never existed' and found this gem. Hard to believe people could be this stupid.

According to the Bible, the world was created approximately 6000 years ago - unless time is measured significantly different than it is today. Yet when reading scientific journals we can read about dinosaurs becoming extinct about 65 million years ago after having existed for about 165 million years prior to that. The numbers never quite add up; in fact, they are not even close.

When God created man, He knew that we would be inquisitive, resourceful and creative. God knew that we would always strive to be bigger and better, and to hunger for knowledge and understanding. He also knew that we would need to face challenges to grow and survive in this world. So God created the world we live in with dilemmas, mysteries, and challenges for us to ponder and explore.

To this end, is it not possible that God created the Earth with all the fossils in place making it appear as if the Earth had been here for much longer that the 6000 years that the Bible documents. God could have even created fossil records that would lead some to believe that man had indeed descended from apes. In fact, on August 8, 2012, a new article was published entitled, ‘New human species identified from Kenya fossils’ that spoke about fossil records in Africa indicating that at least three distinct species of humans co-existed in Africa at the same time, two million years ago.

Could an asteroid strike have caused the flood as demonstrated in this video? Dinosaur Extinction - Could an asteriod strike have caused the flood?

God could have created an earth that appeared aged to not only challenge our minds, but also to test our faith. The Bible documents many times where man’s faith is challenged by even greater things than a theory such as this. This is only one theory, but it is as possible as the Earth being millions of years old and the dinosaurs being wiped out by an asteroid strike, or any other number of theories you can read about.

In fact everything falls into place for the believer and the scientist. In this scenario, there are fossils that appear to have existed millions of years ago on an earth that is a mere 6000 years old. That would be quite an achievement if everyone had it right all along! Something to think about.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The evidence that dinosaurs were were around way longer than humans, went extinct long before humans existed, and that hundreds of known species were carnivores is so overwhelming that I never met a JW with half a brain who thought otherwise.

I did know one or two JWs with less than half a brain, however, and they did subscribe to all the nutty Young-Earth beliefs about dinos.

Which I gleefully eviscerated every time I encountered them .

Never got in trouble for it, either; the closest I got to "counsel" was the request not to make a big issue about it so as not to "stumble" old-school (7000-year-creative-day) JWs.

• Captain Obvious
  • TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

2+2=5. That article shows how dumb the new earthers are. God made things to appear older than they were just to test our faith. He sure went through alot of trouble to keep us off guard. What a loving father he is. Could you imagine a parent setting up a scam like that to test their children to see if they are loyal or not to them? That thinking shows how silly they are about a young earth. Totally ADD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TotallyADD - "Could you imagine a parent setting up a scam like that to test their children to see if they are loyal or not to them?"

If a human parent tried pulling a stunt like that with his kids, he'd be recommended for psychiatric evaluation.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

there is no morality in creation.

I remember this always bothering me even at a young age. I recall during my bible study asking the study conductor why God created Lions and Tigers with teeth, claws and bodies adapted to eat meat if they were supposed to eat straw.

He looked at me and said in a stern way that i just had to have faith.

• EntirelyPossible
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    That article shows how dumb the new earthers are. God made things to appear older than they were just to test our faith. He sure went through alot of trouble to keep us off guard

Yes, it's insane that some fundamental Christians think like this.

So we are not only to watch out for Satan's snares, but we have keep close look out for our Heavenly Fathers little traps as well. He is out to trick us. He has removed evidence and tampered with the evidence that's left.

It's up to us to find the true religion, and if we don't guess right........ Divine Execution!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Being in a hard-core fundy religion is like walking through an intellectual minefield; no wonder so many of 'em are anxious and uptight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit