Wouldn't It Be Great If We Could Only.......

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Wren
    Wren

May I play too? Answer:

Not have to be so darn embarrassing.

For example:

Standing like a big parrot: at a strangers doorstep, in front of a classroom, before co-workers explaining why I'm ringing doorbells, not patriotic, and don't celebrate holidays/birthdays because I'm a Jehovah's Witness(Jack*ss & Witless) and supposedly proud of it.

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK, here's my four pennyworth.

Apart from the obvious sex thing, do you know what I wanted to do more than anything else?

I wanted to take a pretty lady to a party. Unchaperoned, unwatched, un waited for, I just wanted to go to a sophisticated party with a gorgeous lady. I wanted to talk with interesting people about anything other than JW's. In fact I wanted to go and meet people who didn't suspect that I was a JW, people who would assume that I was normal.

Since I left the JW's all those years ago I have had my wish granted to me many times over. Well, the gorgeous lady has always been the same lady, but the parties have all been different!

Englishman.

• JBean
    JBean

.... Vote! It was VERY frustrating to have all your JW friends totally ignorant of what was happening in the world around them. And not be able to take an ACTIVE part in choosing my candidate... or to run for an office myself!!! : )

• Angharad
    Angharad

When in school ....

Blend in and not be considered the weird kid by everyone.

Celebrate christmas so that when you went back to school and people asked what you got you could say something, rather than say nothing which is what they are waiting for and then they all have a good laugh.

Not have to go to meeting on Thursday night so you could stay in and watch top of the pops and doctor who

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Fun post!!!

1. Fly
    2. Be a faery
    3. Be a movie star
    4. Be rich and famous
    5. Have sex daily

opps... wrong wish list

THE REAL JW RELATED WISH LIST

1. Play in sports as a kid
    2. Go to school functions
    3. Be REAL friends with NON-JW'S
    4. Celebrate the holidays
    5. Skip the whole "field service" thing
    6. Skip the meetings, too
    7. Not be a JW - WAIT A SEC I AM APOSTATE NOW WAAAHOOOOOOOO!

Kisses,
    Moe

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I like 'be normal.'

To be specific, I was pretty strongly indoctrinated, so I never wanted to celebrate Christmas, but I wished we could celebrate the harmless holidays like Valentine's Day, Memorial Day, and especially birthdays.

As I got older the beard thing really stuck in my craw because it was so obviously unscriptural.

Hmmm

• Aunty
    Aunty

In December we used to drive through town and I'd see the Christmas trees all lighted up in the windows and wish that I could have that warm, holiday feeling in my family. It seemed so comforting to me for some reason. It's really my favorite time of year now - celebrating family and togetherness. Funny something so "pagan" can give you such a warm feeling huh?

• TexSham
    TexSham

Uh, I don't know, but I always thought the Mormons had a good idea with letting guys have lots of wives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit