Wouldn't It Be Great If We Could Only.......

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Do you remember feeling like that when you were a JW?

I do!

If only we were allowed to ........... (Fill in the blanks stating what it was you really wanted to do, but couldn't because of your religion.) I'll wait for someone else to start because my "If only" is a bit obvious.

Englishman..

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Well, since I only have childhood experiences, I can remember in my young mind thinking:

If only we were allowed to be normal.

To be normal to me was being allowed to do those things that other worldly kids could do. Plus, not having a fanatic JW grandmother, who lived with us, that witnessed to everyone, regardless of age, within a 5 mile radius.

Andee

• spender
    spender

maybe it's just me, but i remember a lot of meetings where the talk was getting boring, so I'd imagine myself jumping over chairs and decking the speaker, or doing obscene things with some of the ladies there around my age anything to liven things up a bit

If only we were allowed to hang out with kids at school! Not drug-dealers...but there was a lot of nice kids at school whose houses I never got to visit because of the silly dubs.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

If only I were allowed to:

1. Sports in School

2. Had the chance to be the Bass Player in Dick Dale’s band

3. Smoke a good, Cuban Cigar with a Brandy

At least I have the Cubans now!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In High school: Screw that hot Asian chick that is flirting with me all the time.

Couldn’t though… my parents watched me like a hawk. I couldn’t do anything without their observing. Though I have to admit… having someone watch me screw the hot chick would have been pretty cool too!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• spender
    spender

Elsewhere: that didn't stop me....I just did it in the school with the Asian chick (my ex gf). Every day I have some pretty good stories from it, like when we were caught by the janitor and almost expelled, but i'll save those for chat

• Ashraven
    Ashraven

That would be my biggest one to, if only we could have sex now so I'm not stuck with some lame ass after we have to get married...

2. From childhood - celebrate the holidays like other kids...

3. If only we didn't have to get up early every Saturday and go out in field service in the dead of winter...

4. I used to wish I was invisble during the Watchtower so I wouldn't get called on...

5. Hang out with the "fun" kids

6. Leave the house without my sister, for once

7. Wear certain clothing like the other kids...

damn, I could write a book...

A-

• Simon
    Simon

... join in.

• one
    one

hs/college basketball player

Do something out of the ordinay and retire VERY early.

Become a senatoror or... be able to change things.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Wouldn't It Be Great If We Could Only.......be apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit