700 JWs imprisoned in Korea

by NeverKnew 30 Replies latest jw friends

• krejames
    krejames

At the DC they were specific that the 700 JWs are in prison in South Korea for not joining the army. Would be interesting to know how many other conscientious objectors are in prison in South Korea.

• krejames
    krejames

Sorry Bobcat and OldHippie! cross posted! Yes i agree.

• besty
    besty
    Confusing NORTH Korea with SOUTH and making a "look how stupid the JWs are" message out of it, does not exactly give you a VERY high credibility.

Give him a break - he neverknew :-)

• steve2
    steve2

Neverknew still doesn't know. Will he ever? Who knows? or is that Who knew? One things for sure: Don't ask Never Knew because invariably he would never know.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Couple of things I DO know...

1. I was never a JW so my "credibility" rating in this world would be pretty low anyways, wouldn't it? Additionally, I certainly wasn't at the DC where I would have learned the reason for the case being made.

2. I'm a female

(edit) 3. I'd still ask "how does it feel to know that 70 THOUSAND Christians are imprisoned just North of there?" Not to trivialize the 700, but to encourage prayer for ALL 70,700 Christians - not just the 700 affiliated with a specific denomination.

4. I made statement based on what was being conveyed to me. Being here makes me sharper. :)

Thanks, all! Even for the critical contributions.... I can take it.

As a result, I have more information on what they were told now. :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

North Korea, South Korea... it doesn't change the core issue that Neverknew is talking about. Jw's belive that they are "it" and therefore only their persecution really matters. 2 Jw's and 30 interested ones are rounded up in Angola by a mob and beaten, persecution yes, horrible yes, proof of having God's exclusive backing on the Earth..NO.

Think of it this way, Hitler was specifically targeting the Jw's because Satan was after the 1 true religion on earth, all the Jews that died were merely worldy people caught in the crossfire. That is exactly how JW's think about persecution. Jews=wrong place at the wrong time. Jw anointed=the reason W.W.2 began. I am pretty sure there is some literature that alludes to Hitler wanting to stamp out " Christ's brothers", hence the Holocaust. Worldy people are just collateral damage in Satan's attacks on Jw's and Da' Troof...

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

NeverKnew:

2. I'm a female

I should have known. Your icon has that classic female shape. As you can see, mine is typically male (save for the lipstick).

Take Care

• metatron
    metatron

If these 700 or so Witlesses found themselves in North Korea, they would be executed or worked to death. The WTS admitted that there are no JWs in NK because they killed them all.

Something to think about in regard to avoiding military service.

metatron

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Imagine being one of those guys behind a cage scared and afraid proving "loyal" to Jehovah only to discover on your exodus that it was all for nothing.

Now, that would suck.

• steve2
    steve2

Christians make a huge deal about their being persecuted - and what do they do? Purposely and with intent continue to preach in lands where they are banned. Fact is, the world's prisons are stuffed full of many, many persecuted minorities, with Christians just one "group" among many. If I cross the road when the light is red, I can expect many outcomes - the more negative ones should not take me by surprise. The lather Christians get themselves into is akin to crossing when the light is red. If they expect to be persecuted, they should take it on the chin as an expected consequence of their faith. Boo-hooing about the persecuted status comes across as pathetic and orchestrated.

On the subject of praying for those Christians in prison: Come on! Are you saying how well Christians fare in prison is a function of (number of and intentsity of ) prayers to the true God? Does that mean He is more inclined to listen and somehow lighten their imprisoned load depending on how many people are talking to him? Is he a bit like a politician who will have his policy swayed by public vote? Hold on whilst I consult my tea leaves for an informed answer to my audacious questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit