700 JWs imprisoned in Korea

by NeverKnew 30 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

"You have no idea! Yes, people hate JWs!"

This statement was made to me by a JW who had just left a meeting to present the notion that they were the persecuted Christians. I casually typed "Christians imprisoned in Korea" in my handy-dandy ipad pulled an article and replied,

"You said 700 JWs total? Okay, so, the other 69,300 imprisoned Christians must be non-JWs... " (while pointing to the figure in the article) "We should pray for all of them."

By hanging out here, I'm getting good at finding these gems! :) I just gotta get better at not running folks off. :(

The site was http://www.opendoorsuk.org/news/stories/kim_jong_il.php

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nice!!! Jw's are brainwashed to be ego-centric. They are " THE " religion with " THE " answers! How many Christians have been killed in India? I am sure that most JW's would respond by saying that they are "true" Christians and the others are not. I would then ask, " Are you not impressed that people who love Jehovah ( wink ) in lands where Jehovah's Witnesses have not preached, are willing to die or be imprisoned based on just a partial knowledge of the scriptures? We should pray for those people, don't you agree?"

http://www.opendoorsuk.org/news/stories/kim_jong_il.php

• zeb
    zeb

so does the wts GIVE legal help?

Does the WTS arrange for repatriation of these ones to a safe country (the US)?

NK: for many years I held the notion it was only jw religion who were put into the camps by Hitler. The wts never mentioned the hundreds of RC priests who were imprisoned as well.

Ego centric! you are quite correct.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Data... now THAT'S good....

for many years I held the notion it was only jw religion who were put into the camps by Hitler. The wts never mentioned the hundreds of RC priests who were imprisoned as well.

Aw c'mon Zeb. No way!

This is what must be pushing the persecutory delusion I'm seeing.

• 5go
    5go

They are not imprisoned for their religous beliefs they are in prison for failure to serve in the army as required by law, huge diffence. They believe they don't have to serve because their religion tells them they don't, and the Korean government disagrees with that.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    They are not imprisoned for their religous beliefs they are in prison for failure to serve in the army as required by law, huge diffence.

5go, why are the other 69,300 Christians incarcerated? It's common knowledge that "Christendom" participates in military forces.

• Listener
    Listener

NeverKnew, those that don't participate in wars because of their own beliefs are know as conscientious objectors. There are some who don't believe in God but would still not go to war.

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

Maybe we should cleanse the earth of all religions, and watch the conflicts go away. Come On Korea, Lets get the ball rollin!!!!!

"The best cure for christianity, is reading the Bible"

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The 700 JWs mentioned in the WT are in South Korea. The website with the 70,000 is talking about North Korea.

I believe the 700 in the South are for military conscription reasons (at least that's what the WT alludes to). In the North I think it is simply the communist position on Christianity without regard for denomination.

That being said, it would be interesting to see what numbers of "Christians" are in prison in South Korea, and for what reasons.

Incidentally, the state religion of North Korea is apparently Juche. The NK is especially brutal with anybody who professes Christianity.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Confusing NORTH Korea with SOUTH and making a "look how stupid the JWs are" message out of it, does not exactly give you a VERY high credibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit