I had a dream.

by TotallyADD 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

As many know Reopened Mind and I have had a very angry letter sent to us by our oldest son. Also the letter I shared with all of you to send to him was sent. We have not heard a word from him. Both Reopened Mind and I are doing better but with very heavy hearts. So the other night I had a very vivid dream. Usually I never remember my dreams but this one I can't get it out of my head. Here is how it went. "There was a knock on our front door. When we opened it there was our oldest son standing there. He asked if he could come in and talk. Of course we said yes. Now remember we live over 600 miles from him. Our son and us starting saying how sorry we all were. Then we stood up and hugged each other. Then he said we can work all of this out and things will be fine. I was so happy to see him and hear his voice and I knew this problem will be resolved." I woke up feeling real good but soon after a hour of thinking about the dream I knew that exactly what it was but a dream.

I read today on freeminds about lady Lee trouble with her child. It showed me it just not us who are going through this. Then I thought of Flipper and his problems with his kids. Again I see I am in good company with those who children want nothing to do with us. I got to thinking about this mind set this Wt. cult has caused. How it has made our kids victims and will as us on not allowing us to have a loving close family with them. My oldest son told me in his letter not to blame the Wt. reglion because he feels it did not cause this. Again the cult has mess up his thinking even though he thinks it hasn't. But it has. It cause him to think there is only one answer to a problem and he has the right answer. He looks at this problem as them against us. Not how can we lovingly fix this thing. No just like the cult he thinks he needs to attack this problem with a Atom Bomb destorying everthing around him instead of using common sense and love.

All I can say is it is the cult that caused all of this. We just like many others on this board are casualties of the Wt. Cult. They have dealt another blow to people who just wanted to do what was right. Instead we all got the raw end of human relationships. I hope my dream will come true some day. But as they say I will not hold my breath. I have now learned the hard way in what it means to lose a child to the Wt. Cult. Good luck to all you who are going through this same thing and to those who are starting to wake up and our faced with major decision about how this will effect their family. Our thoughts will be with you. Totally ADD

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

(((TotallyADD)))

Sometimes, dreams, do, come true

Here's hoping, Yours do

Just Lois

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Thanks Lois. It would be nice. Totally ADD

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Don't ever give up. I have gone through the reverse of what you are going through. My son never became a Witness and married a lovely woman and they have two children. We were very close for awhile and then all of the sudden my dil started to treat me very coldly. I could never figure it out and I would ask her what happened. It was so stressful and I would cry almost every day over it. They then moved over 1500 miles away and I never heard much from them. Well, last summer we faded and when they came for a visit I let them know we were leaving the religion and it was like a light switch went on, they were all there for us. We even travelled to their home and spent a wonderful Christmas with them. Things have been wonderful with them but I never thought it would get to this point. I understand now why they distanced themselves and why the relationship was so broken.

Just when you think it is hopeless things can and do turn around. Hold on to your dreams because they can come true. I know it is so painful and some days you don't know how you are going to get through the day but we do. I still have some anger because I feel the religion has robbed so many of us of having a normal and happy life and it destroys so many families in the process. It sure is a roller coaster ride and I really hope you can eventually have a reunion with your son. My heart goes out to you and your husband. Hang in there.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

So very sad.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

TADD, I'm sorry this happened to you two. I didn't forget about you guys. We are here for you. peaceall paulnotsaul

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Thank you Aunt Fancy for your thoughts and yes Jeannette it is very sad. Paulnotsaul it is so good to hear from you. You have made my day. We also think of you guys to. Thanks for your support. Gives us a call someday. Totally ADD

• Mum
    Mum

There is power in dreams sometimes. Don't dismiss it entirely. My heart goes out to you.

• talesin
    talesin

TotallyADD -- I'm sad for you, it's so hard. I am cut off from my parents, and was reading the obituaries today to see if my mom's name is there, because she is very ill. No one would even bother to tell me, I think. Much love to you and your wife. I understand.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Thank you Mum. Talesin so sorry about your parents. I remember my father telling me when I was a kid if I ever left the Wt. he would never talk to me again. Cult thinking is so sick. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit