Literature Display Stands... Turning JWs into stationary targets...

by Calebs Airplane 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

But Billy you are so wrong: "because almost nobody even glanced at them." The JWs fulfilled their purpose. Don't you realize that god does a heart exam of everyone passing these booths. God knows who is naughty and who is nice.

• tiki
    tiki

desperate times call fordesperate measures...........bring on the folding tables/chairs and canopy, booth......whatever.......

hey - whatever floats your boat.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I wonder if they will manufacture a new reason for people to persecute them as they are tolerated very well in the western world now.

So well in fact no-one notices them and completely ignores them Lol

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Perhaps they will bring back the harassment of Churchgoers, like they used to do in the 20's and 30's.

Setting up their wares near the entrance to Religious buildings, that should provoke some persecution.

I suggest they try the Mosques first. LOL

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Where they need to be setting up literature stands is on the Internet because they get plenty of persecution there.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Persecution strengthens fanatics. They'll need to drum up some to strengthen the jws. There are many, many religions out there who cop way more persecution than jws. And the govts will never even try to wipe out religion. They tried it in the Soviet union and while they slowed its growth, the labour camps became full of people who were more convinced than ever they were God's people irrespective of denominations. And in North Korea, religion is banned but bibles are being smuggled in left right and centre. And in all regimes which ban religion, they've had to replace it with leader worship. Let's face it, religious devotion to a god, object, idea, leader is part of being human for most of the world. Even here in Australia where we are mostly a secular nation religion is here to stay because persecution will lose you votes, cost you your job and land you in court.

So bring on those Jw stands because at least if they get the odd heckle they can call persecution and tell their followers the prophecy is being fulfilled.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The local jws have set up a stall outside a bank (on weekends) near my favourite coffee shop. I have seen them many times and all they do is chat amongst themselves, never have I seen an interaction outside of their group. All have that steely smile but their eyes show real discomfort (maybe recognising me as an apostate). It's really very sad as that zeal that drove the witnesses pror to the generation debacle is long gone and they know they are flogging a very dead armageddon/end is near belief.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The drama at the DC sets up in dubs' minds the prospect that suddenly, without warning, there will be bans occuring in even supposedly tolerent countries. The FUD attack is well on it's way. The way people went crazy over grab bags, regular reminders about persecution, messages about there being no more "world power" changes etc. all lay on thick an implication that persecuation is round the corner and that the big A is imminent.

The DC also suggested that the "metropolitan witnessing campaign" reaches thousands more people who would otherwise be not at home. Of course the truth is that they sit there with only the local homeless to converse with.

• nugget
    nugget

The GB in its aim to cut costs has ended up producing literature with no substance to it. There is little for the public to take offence at since the literature designed for them is bland and inoffensive to draw people in.

The blood and fire, offensive doctrines on apostates, shunning, how worldly people are so corrupt is reserved for the faithful and settings where only the conditioned usually sit and listen. If anyone objects to the immoderate and offensive language used then witnesses cry persecution and how their courage to speak out is making them victims of Satan's world. The fact that they are the ones instigating the problem seems to pass them by. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

There were JWs at my local markets the other week sitting behind a stall full of WTS literature. I tried to upload a photo of them (faces cut out) but I can't do it.

They both looked miserable & didn't smile for the camera.

gorgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit