When Is Armageddon? Really?

by Cold Steel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Armageddon is a battle of those following Satan and the leaders of the world that do not want to give up power and live under Jesus rule. This is very much like Eygpt and the exodus. Pharoh and his armies against Jah. In the exodus a great crowd joined the israelites and left with them and the regular eygptians people were not killed.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I got a confidential BOE letter that says it's happening later today.

Not!

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

bookmarked

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

There is another important indicator which might give some evidence to help answer the question: "When is Armageddon"?

Check out the scripture:

Revelation 16:12-16

12 And the sixth one poured out his bowl upon the great river Eu·phra´tes, and its water was dried up, that the way might be prepared for the kings from the rising of the sun.

13 And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

15 "Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake and keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness."

16 And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma·ged´on.

So if the great river Euphrates was to dry up we could be pretty sure that the gathering together to that place called "Armagedon" was actually happening.

It really would be something extraordinary for such an enormous river thats been around for thousands of years, to actually dry up!

From the evidence I have posted in the thread above however, the gathering to Armageddon has already been happening right under all our noses for about a hundred years now!

Those unclean inspired utterances that Jesus Christ warned us about, coming from the false prophet, have had spectacular effect!

abe

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL. I really don't think anyone is actually waiting for the Apocalypse with bated breath anymore. The book of Revelation was never a prophecy anyway...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/249822/1/Daniel-and-Revelation-for-Dummies

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Qcmbr: Mormons do the same. For years we've been scared into buying useless food items ( in my case it was a 200 kg wheat) because (initially) the second coming was just around the corner. The high point of Mormonism’s growth was the late 70s when the fear of a nuclear war was very deeply embedded and everyone knew that was how it was going to end. With the state of the world it seemed like we lurched from one crisis to another and everyone seemed to be counting down the clock.

For someone who once was a Mormon, Qcmbr, I spend a lot of time running around correcting your flawed notions, and I’m finding that you do a lot of assuming regarding things that you purport to know a lot about.

First, how do you know Mormonism’s growth had anything to do with the fear of nuclear war? As someone who was around in those days and who remembers them quite well, it was my observation that, following the moral morass of the 60s, people began wanting religion as a way of regaining some of the stability in their lives that they missed from the 50s (which from a nuclear war point of view was far scarier than the 70s). In the United States, many were concerned by the declining standards of churches and their liberal leanings. It also was learned that the communists were infiltrating churches, and churches with strong moral and religious views coupled with top-down hierarchal structures gave people what they were looking for.

Also, why do you think our principle of food storage has anything to do with the Second Coming? At the time the direction was given, many things had to happen to precede that Second Coming. (They still need to happen, prophetically, before Christ returns.) At the height of America’s greatest economic strength and military might, President Ezra Taft Benson was prophesying that the demise of the United States would be rooted in economic instability and ruin—a prophecy which is only now, a little more than 30 years later, finally beginning to see fruition. Following the demise of the United States, Europe will fall into chaos and out of that chaos will come a dreadful world power known in the scriptures as Gog and Magog (Ezekiel 38-39) and the “beast” (Revelation 11). While the church strives to build up Zion in the Americas, the beast will consolidate power in the old world. Eventually, it will make its way down to Jerusalem, where the great battle of Armageddon takes place, followed immediately by the return of Jesus Christ and the subsequent conversion of the Jews.

Our food storage, said President Benson, may be as important for us to have as boarding the ark was to Noah. And in other countries, the saints have used their food and other supplies not only for themselves during local emergencies and disasters, but their neighbors in the form of disaster relief. And most LDS say they are determined to share with their neighbors regardless of what comes. As the ancient apostles directed the saints of the first century to move out of Jerusalem before the Romans came, so the saints of this day have been warned to have their food and other supplies. It’s no more simple or complicated as that.

Armageddon also isn’t a waiting game for Mormons, nor is our food supply or the fact that we're living in the "last days" meant as a way to scare or manipulate us. It’s not dangled out in front of us like a carrot the way it is with the Jehovah's Witnesses. We’re about the creation of Zion and the salvation of the righteous just before the establishment of the Millennium.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    w95 7/1 p. 19 "The Israel of God" and the "Great Crowd"
    19 However, Exodus 19:5, 6 ultimately has a far more glorious fulfillment. In the book of Revelation, the apostle John hears heavenly creatures applying this scripture as they praise the resurrected Jesus: "You were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth." (Revelation 5:9, 10) In its final sense, then, the royal priesthood is God’s heavenly Kingdom, the ruling authority for which Jesus taught us to pray. (Luke 11:2) All 144,000 anointed Christians who endure faithful to the end will have a part in that Kingdom arrangement. (Revelation 20:4, 6) What a wonderful fulfillment of the promise made so long ago through Moses!

Kings of the earth = anointed Christians

So here is the answer to the question: "When is the gathering to the place called Armageddon?"

w01 1/15 p. 28 How the Governing Body Differs From a Legal Corporation

ANNUAL meetings of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania have been held since January of 1885. When the ingathering of anointed Christianswas underway in the late 19th century, the directors and officers of this corporation had the heavenly hope. abe
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

It'll be on Wednesday ... give or take 3 days.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When Is Armageddon? Really?

Unfortunately never, for its just an ancient mythological story, expressed by people who wanted their

own life struggles and tribulations to vanish and perhaps live in a earthly paradise.

Just like the way we would imagine this to be true as well.

The many diverse Gods in the ancient world were to help with the people that were living at the time

from the many established civilizations. The ancient Hebrews wanted their god (YHWH) to protect them outside evil

and damaging circumstance. One way they envisioned this to happen was for YHWH to wipe out the all evil plight

they had to endure from within their civilization as well outside of it.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Abe - excellent work well done

Not sure what I can actually believe anymore, (in that it's not twisted and full of lies) have to re-learn everything I guess.

Doesn't the antichrist have to be indentified first ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit