Don't ever....ever...EVER forget these came from the FDS and Governing Body

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Quack medicine, quack cures and delusions of being anointed by God channeling this bilge to mankind as Jehovah's pet

carries with it a frightening glimpse of the POWER TRIP Rutherford's little group of bush league 'prophets' were on.

The man, Judge Rutherford, was a real piece of work. He hit the ground running like a bowling ball through ten pins.

He scattered the sheep from the flock like a bullet hitting crystal scatters glass.

And all the while he was creating a world-sized MYTH about his importance in Almighty God's scheme of things.

He saw himself in the center, the hub, the elbow-to-elbow bed partner to Christ as his "bride."

Now isn't that a lovely picture of a totally deranged man with a million dollar printing press in his right hand and

not calm or kind thought in his head? Rutherford proved himself capable of stirring up trouble everywhere-even in the hearts

of people who thought of themselves as "sheep." He created an army of troublemakers, pot-stirrers and self-actuated martyers.

He was a pain in the ass to everybody and it is no little irony he died of cancer of the anus.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Another glaring sign that they're not inspired or led by the lord, wouldn't have God and Jesus been able to see the practical value of something like a vaccine?

Nope, instead they passed on those and divinely inspired the Gloden Age writers to assimilate science with black magic. And I thought I had heard it all...

• St George of England
    St George of England

These crazy ideas continued for many years after they were published. In the 1940's and early 50's I was not allowed any vaccinations as a child, not even against polio which was widespread in those days.

My parents likewise never used aluminium pans but used foil wrap, the aluminium only dissolved in water!

George

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I don't remember the details of these "medical quackieries" but broadly speaking they came from one person - not JFR - who was so inclined towards medical matters. It would pay to unearth the details of that person, but unfortunately I don't have any details that I could pass on.

Doug

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Vaccinations were forbidden because they contain blood products. I have articles "somewhere" (Watchtowers, I think) that prohibited vaccinations at the time.

The prohibition was quickly dropped because it prevented JWs travelling internationally - and that would hurt the WTS.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit