Don't ever....ever...EVER forget these came from the FDS and Governing Body

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

The level of trust and gravitas the Watchtower publications had built up among the naive and gentle folk must be considered.

Trusting information about health and science from a religious institution borders on the insane. But, the Faithful and Discreet Slave

really do themselves proud and stand out among other religious authorities as truly crackpot.

It is truly a pity current JW's aren't more in touch with the history of nonsense published by these charlatans.

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

The Golden Age 1927 Oct 5 p.10

"In the future man will get his food directly from the sun."

The Golden Age 1926 June 16 p.583

"God [may soon cause] a comet [to be] captured by the Earth.. [to] bring about a radical change in earth's climatic conditions and transform the surface of our planet into a paradise, wherein disease and death will be no more."

The Golden Age 1926 Apr 7 p.438

"Tonsillectomy is called a minor operation. If so, getting well is a double major. If any overzealous doctor condemns your tonsils go and commit suicide with a case-knife. It's cheaper and less painful."

The Golden Age, Feb. 10, 1926, p.310

"Air baths are good for preventing colds... What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."

The Golden Age, Jan. 1, 1923 p.214

"But the dog-rabies-vaccine imposition is the latest.... Rabies! When it has been shown conclusively that there is no such thing as rabies"

The Golden Age, Nov. 28, 1928, p. 133

"All human ailments have their start in the intestines."

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If that's the best argument they can find against female genital mutilation, then I'm damned glad to not be a part of their crazy group. "Oh but see?...They are AGAINST it too! (Just not for the same reasons that non-sociopaths are against it)

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

I think the only "positive" thing I can say about any of those quotes or positions is, they used to be pretty bold and took a position regardless of whether politically correct or not. Today they seem to be as politically correct as any other form of media, with watered-down articles and very little strong positions aside from putting down education and apostates. Even their articles on education are not that strong, they take a stronger position verbally than they do in written form, probably intentionally as verbal arguments are much easier to dismiss whereas the written word is more permanent (although now with the WT going mainly to digital media they can revise anything they get heat on).

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I guess the next step for the GB is to get rid of Rutherford as a great starter of the WT. Just like they got rid of Russel now. Then all of that nonsense in those old pub. will mean nothing. But then as time goes on they will have to get rid of knorr and Fred Franz in their teachings . 100 years from now the WT will be getting rid of the current GB as ones who was not on track. Maybe they will say the current GB was part of the great apostasy and finally now the new GB has cleaned it all out and are approved by God. Then they can all start over by measuring maybe the streets of disney world and come up with 2175 as the time of the end. LOL Totally ADD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Air baths are good for preventing colds... What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."

--

Ironically, this is also a cure for cognitive dissonance

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

"Air Baths" hehehehe

I know of one elder here in Pensacola who was arrested for L&L for "airbathing" in front of a 9 YO girl. The man should have whipped out his WT and explained what he was doing!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

There's articles from the 60's I think that state getting an organ transplant can give you the personality of the donor.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    My uncle right up to his death in 1987 was promoting the no use of aluminium policy...crazy lot

No aluminum? As in foil?

• Comatose
    Comatose

I'm marking. Love these.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit