Disney's The Lone Ranger - This movie is awful - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 14 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What? They made another movie? Why was I not told?

How is a person to find out these things? It is just one more proof that we are very near the end of this wicked system of things.

• cedars
    cedars

I've been similarly disappointed with a number of so-called "blockbuster" films recently. The Amazing Spiderman is just one example of a big budget film where half an hour through my wife and I were looking at eachother and had totally lost all interest. It amazes me that so much money is thrown at these films, but nobody bothers to fix the problems that are glaringly obvious to cinema-goers.

Incidentally there is a series on YouTube called "Everything Wrong With..." on the "CinemaSins" channel. I find their ruthless dissection of many of the most well-known films quite amusing, not to mention spot-on. Probably this Lone Ranger film will wind up on there at some point.

Cedars

• Simon
    Simon

Johnny Depp always seems to play caricatures ... I don't generally enjoy like his movies and don't think it's good acting.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'll wait for the dvd then rent it. One of my problems with the movies they put out now is poor editing. They seem to go on and on. A movie that should have been 90 min goes on for 2 plus hours. Also they seem to make a lot of remakes these days that aren't as good as the original movies.

• Glander
    Glander

This kind of film has a huge audience willing to shell out $8.00 (?) to see it. Pacific Rim is another of the same type,

The last one we saw that was computer generated chaos and annoying high volume we walked out. I can now spot them and avoid them. I like small movies with good stories. I liked "Drive" and I see the same director and actor are teaming up again. I like most Woody Allen movies. I love good documentaries like "The Queen of Versailles" or "Meet the Fokkens".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit