Disney's The Lone Ranger - This movie is awful - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I never really liked the 'Pirates' movies that much, so I don't know how I was talked into this one. It's a shame because Johnny Depp is much better than these quirky roles he is now assigned to play. Just hope he puts a few million of this payday in his kid's college fund. The movie is pointless and tries to jump on the back of Depp to steer it. That is hardly any substitute for good story-telling and filmmaking.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thanks for the review. I was thinking of seeing it,since I like Johnny Depp.

• whathappened
    whathappened

We saw it and thought it was great. Iti is doing well at the box office.

• blondie
    blondie

We went too and liked it...not to be taken seriously, tongue in cheek, Tonto is the smart one is this "remake." I loved the scenery, background.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Okay,maybe I will see it. There just aren't many movies out now that interest me. But,It's going to hot outside and I need a diversion.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Maybe it's a cultural thing. I just didn't get what the big deal was.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'm hoping it does well. My elderly aunt has over a million and a half in Disney shares.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I read one review that said it should be titled "Pirates of the Carribean 4.5: Sparrow goes West." That was pretty much my thought when I saw the trailer. I'll watch it when it comes out on HBO.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I walked out. What a mess of a script. Movies used to be decent. People used to actually sit down and write them. Now its all about the markeing, and then they just slap some mess together.

• designs
    designs

This summer seems to be a bust for many big budget films. My wife saw The Heat and had to suffer through 40 minutes of commercials and previews before the film started. I would have asked for my money back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit