The Watchtower Society Cripples Their Own Preaching Work

by Nosferatu 17 Replies latest jw friends

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Seems they think they own the right to withold bible knowledge. Who the hades do they think they are?.....good points made above re the public seeing the wtbs as cultish and creepy....I'm so glad I'm out of it after 30 years of blindly following the blind. If it really was the Truth then it would be flowing freely without resorting to copyright etc etc...

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Nosferatu... not exactly... This has been my personal observation with Watchtower-produced videos on YouTube... When WT videos are uploaded and the "Comments" field is turned off as well as the "Vote" buttons, the Watchtower Corporation does NOT contact YouTube to take down the video. However, if the same exact videos are uploaded with the "Comments" field active and the "Vote" buttons on, they immediately contact YouTube and demand to get these pulled... (information control)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

" When WT videos are uploaded and the "Comments" field is turned off as well as the "Vote" buttons, the Watchtower Corporation does NOT contact YouTube to take down the video. However, if the same exact videos are uploaded with the "Comments" field active and the "Vote" buttons on, they immediately contact YouTube and demand to get these pulled..."

The WT really does not understand how the internet works, or how the world works even.

Religion is always up for criticism and mocking, the WT is not the only religion getting ridiculed on the net.

Their content is worse than average, and they can't handle the criticism.

It's funny, really, like when little kids complain to mommy:

"MA, he's making fun of me"

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Read the publications carefully! The opening letter in the Yearbook is a good place to start...

The reason for producing the magazines/tapes/videos etc is very clear. The GB's job is to "feed the sheep" - those that are baptized Jehovah's Witnesses - not the world's population. They admit this freely.

It's the publisher's job to bring in (or birth) new converts. Then these new publishers will be given "food at the proper time".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB is embarrassed of it's teachings. The magazines are for the JW's, to keep them indoctrinated. They admit that the preaching work is to help us! Not everyone will listen, but we are strengthened when we go in the ministry! When 2005 internet shut-down? The GB were embarrassed. They are working so hard to give the Org a face-lift right now.

Great observation Nosferatu! Let others unknowingly spread the "truth" for you! Oh, wait..you are totally embarrssed by your cultish and weird dogma. You want the white-washed JW.ORG image in the minds of the public. Save the rest for the people who get baptized...

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Those not in the "CULT" don't get to eat the cults food! affectionately: Brother of the Hawk (I will surrender my mind no more, forever) or perhaps I should say ( I will feed on the cults food no more, forever)

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

This also shows the WTBT$ is monitoring youtube looking for apostate things.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Brother of tHe hawlk=Well if the society is busy monitoring apostate sites, then it a bit hypocritical to tell the R&F not to. Good enough for them then good enough for the R&F.

I believe the only real way they are going to get away from the bad image they get on the Internet, is to allow more of the R&F to set up there own web site. So much so that there would be more +ve information than -ve, and they would drown the ex-JWs out. Inevitably a person who looks on the Internet has to see good testimony from an independent source. They just have to its as simple as that. I mean they go to all this trouble and expense, and finding different avenues of witnessing but for the one area where they are getting hit the hardest. To be honest when I went knocking on doors i sort of felt that it was a bit of a waste of time if they were going to get on the computer straight afterward. The society would have to be aware of this. They would just have to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit