The Watchtower Society Cripples Their Own Preaching Work

by Nosferatu 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

If there's one scripture that defines the entire purpose of a Jehovah's Witness's existence, it's Matthew 24:14. "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

This is the entire purpose of going door to door. Jehovah's Witnesses WANT Armageddon to come so this wicked system of things is destroyed. Unfortunately, there are people who do NOT want this good news to reach all ends of the earth. This includes the Watchtower Society itself.

I was looking at Terry's thread about the Quotes website. It was a great website that showed quotes from the Watchtower's vehicles for distributing the good news of the kingdom. The internet reaches the far ends of the earth in seconds. The Watchtower Society threatened the website owner with a lawsuit, forcing him to take it down.

Last week, I was watching the Watchtower Society's released "The Prodigal Son" because someone put it onto Youtube. The video already had over 9000 views when I began watching it. The Watchtower Society contacted Youtube to have it taken down due to copyright infringement. Unfortunately, I had not reached the end of the video and did not recieve the entire life-saving message that they were trying to convey in the video.

They are slowing down the preaching work and delaying Armageddon by pulling their life-saving work off the internet. Why are they doing this? Wouldn't putting the information onto the internet actually be contributing to the preaching work? I know they have two websites, but not everybody is going to go on the internet and punch in www.watchtower.org. They're going to become aware of the life-saving work by stumbling onto it by accident, much like when an interested one finds an Awake! magazine at the doctor's office, a tract on the ground, or a Watchtower at the laundromat. Shouldn't the life-saving message be spread around on as many websites as possible?

Watchtower, why are you slowing down the preaching work? Why???

• Mum
    Mum

Good point, Nosferatu. Would Billy Graham have one of his Crusade sermons pulled from the internet? No. Maybe that's why he has made so many converts. The Catholic mass is on television everywhere. What's the matter with getting their "life-saving message" out to the public. You'd think the WTS itself would put up their dramas on video if they really believe they're worthwhile.

I am one confused apostate.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Not to mention jesus said go preach the good news about the Kingdom, because he was humble. Really the Good news is about Jesus. There's over 100 mentionings of the good news in the bible about Jesus and only 8 directly about the Kingdom. So this is just another case of the JW's trying to be different, 'let not be Jesus Witnesses or preach about Jesus as the messiah like the apostles did, no we have to be different from all other christians religions so let change things a little'.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

That is a good point, but thats not their motivation.

They know full well their "Dramas"TM are just BS and not a "life saving message".

They are also well aware of how their material directed at members would appear to the general public, the unindoctrinated...

In other words, they know that their talks, and dramas appear cultish and creepy. For PR reasons they dont want the general public seeing the material they prepare for their indoctrinated members (another example of this is the separation of the "public" and "study" editions of the WT. Having a private members only edition gives them greater freeness of speech...to get down & dirty with the mind control and manipulation). So they yank these things from the internet as quickly as possible.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Good point. And why aren't they using the social media? When someone shares a video or a web link with all their Facebook friends and they also share the info with their Face book friends, their so called good news could spread like wildfire. This is discouraged, as is web based witnessing.

• Scully
    Scully

Nos, earlier in the year there was a thread about one of the ASL videos that the WTS made that had some graphic content about masturbation.

Unfortunately, the WTS was so embarrassed by our critique they took it down, but someone had the forethought to make some GIFs for posterity.

Scroll down a little to catch them: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/adult/235152/15/wts-made-a-video-about-masturbation-IN-SIGN-LANGUAGE-WITH-GESTURES

and save it to YouTube with "modern translation". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytYykOop6HI

Seriously, the WTS isn't doing itself any favors by being on the internet. LOL

And even Worldly Peopleā„¢ found it hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FLJPKipukc

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I must admit I'm confused as well. On the one hand they are saying let your light shine then on the other they are threatening legal action when it dose. I saw the movie in its entirety on UTube and really enjoyed it - although it wouldn't change my mind about knowing TTATT. How many countless others would of missed out on this life saving drama, by it not been freely available. I guess the waters that are flowing freely from the mountain of jehovah ain't flowing so freely after all. Sorry cant answer that one.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

YES! The masterbation video is a perfect example of the point I'm trying to make.

The org is really putting forth effort to look normal and mainstream to the public (see the spin in the FAQ section of jw.org) and not like the type of society that maintains such a tight grip (hee hee) on its members (hee hee. sorry cant resist) that it commands them not to even masterbate.

It also doesnt want the public to see:

1. The way it describes non-members (worldly people)

2. The way members are forbidden to associate with non-members

3. The judicial process and subsequent shunning that occurs when members associate with non-members

All contained in the drama.

Because the public (unlike the members) can tell right away it's bat s**t crazy.

AND after noticing how bats**t crazy it is, they are highly likely to post unflattering comments on it. And we all know how well they respond to critiscism...

• smiddy
    smiddy

The WTB&TS doesnt want curious /seeking people to come through the front door where Everybody can see whats going on , they want to use the backdoor for the curious/seeking people so nobody else can see whats going on and expose them.

smiddy

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"They are slowing down the preaching work and delaying Armageddon by pulling their life-saving work off the internet. "

If you look at jw.org, I would not exactly say they are pulling the work off the net. All magazines, including the study issues, almost all books and brochures are online or to be downloaded. Lots of material for youth and children, colouring and quiz. AND videos - lately the history videos and dramas are beginning to be available as well. Quite to the contrary of what you state, I am surprised at how much literature they publish on the net, such as the school book, convention dramas etc.

Slowing down, pulling? Not exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit