Pioneering slips Again

by metatron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Expect 60 hour poineer requirements soon - 40 for aux.

I can fake 60 hours pretty easily.

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

Simple explanation for decreasing pioneer numbers...

The elderly are dying and not being replaced.

The middle aged are getting older feeling those aches/pains that come with the aging process and feel even worse when they realize they have no med. insurance.

The young pioneers at least in my experience work minimum wage jobs, no way they can rent a place on their own. Even when they band together, rent increases will outstrip wage raises.

This is something Ive wondered about for a long time. Most JW's did not go to/graduate from college. But only 23% of working age population in USA can say they did. With the reality of inflation and in some areas of the country (California, NY) home prices being bid up, what percentage of JW's own their own homes? Trailer park ownership does not count. Will we one day see missionaries engaging in special work in more expensive areas (and what place isnt expensive to live?) because JW's simply cant afford to live there even in trailer park?

Expect to see pioneer requirements KEEP dropping.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I just about got my ass kicked over the weekend after making a snide remark to my "April Aux. Pioneer" wife. For starters, I was not in a very good mood to begin with. Then the issue of "who is going to mail in the taxes" came up. Seeing as I work full time and frequently travel outside of the city in which we live on a moments notice, I told her that she would need to mail the taxes off. "What? I've already got plans to go out in service all day Monday! I don't have the time to wait in line at the P.O.! Can't you do it during your lunch?" As it is, she does not work. Sooooo, needless to say that pretty much pissed me off even further. I snapped(I really do have good self-control, not sure what happened here), and told her "if you didn't have to get that damn almighty quota in, maybe you could make the time to do it!!" Oh my God, what did I just say? Her response to that was, "Whaaaat? Oh, so you don't think that my going in service means anything? Is that what you think? Well, it means a lot to me!(tears starting to form at this point) I just turned my head away and kept driving. I didn't say a single word later on that day. But it sure did feel good after I said that. I think I was in shock myself for saying it.

Amazing how upset jw's can get when you attack their "funtime." Hopefully, that "quota" remark will stick with her and she will think more about it in the future.

Jourles, still feeling the effects....

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Let's be a bit realistic here. I seriously doubt that the fifteen minute publisher rule has drastically increased the publisher ranks. First it was only recently implemented. Second it generally applies to olders ones or infirm, and that at the discretion of the elders.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Jourles....

Lisa

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

2000 average pioneer pub. US: 127, 040.

2001 average pioneer pub. US: 121, 697.

so the peaks and the numbers looked at together are very telling.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Jourles, that was a great come-back and unfortunately 100% true.

Like she can't fulfill her responsibilities because of service. Reminded me of all the elders houses that were always all jacked up and they always had the excuse that it was because of their "theocratic responsibilities."

One of them actually had a two bedroom shack that he and his two sons lived in. They had one small bathroom and the bathroom sink was broken for 10 years! The wife was going through depression (wonder why) and she was told she was unsubmissive because she complained to the elders that she was tired of brushing her teeth in the bathtub.

You should have told her you were going to turn her in to her elders because she was not submissive.

• messenger
    messenger

Each April there is a large push to get a report on every publisher for the month. The month of April is used to drive the peak publisher number for the entire year. In the event the number do not hit the mark, you can then count on a push month on August to make it up. "Peak Pub" months are often packed with reports from other irregular publisher months before. The result is a completely fabricated number made up largly of past month reports.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Jourles

That's some classic stuff there. It's hard for them to believe that there are some things that are just as important as making their loony meetings and their social hour field service.

Her response to that was, "Whaaaat? Oh, so you don't think that my going in service means anything? Is that what you think? Well, it means a lot to me!
    Classic emotion driven guilt trip drivel there. Been there, done that, tore up the T-shirt and threw it away.
  • myself
    myself

If she had been in a true pioneer spirit she could have stood in the post office line with her tracts. But then again someone might have gone postal if she did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit