Need insider info on this past wk's mtg!

by nativenyr23 20 Replies latest jw friends

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Flyers..! WhaHoooo!

You'all haven't done flyers till you've done'em like us. What an effect too. At the last minute, they moved the district assembly out of town, and they have sworn that it will never come back.

And, they moved it clear to another district. That's funny. Moving a district assembly OUT of our district.

Oh poo! What an inconvenience. Now we all have to get a hotel room.

Does anyone want to do a flyer that dubs cannot ignore?

Do "If I Would Have Known" I will get it up on my website asap.

Oh... you don't do it at the Kingdom Hall. No, that would be in-effective. You do it at the MALL. You do it down the whole street where dub's live. And watch how fast a FOR SALE sign goes up on their lawn.

You leave 20 copies at the bus stop. You place a stack at the airport. You distribute a pile at the bus station. Ha!... then you go on a shepherding call and hear the dubs scream.... "my neighbor...."... "my co-workers".... "the lady I have been visiting"

You want to have a FUN ministry for a change. Get ACTIVE!!!

So many of you people conclude "that'll never work"...." waste of time" but never having tried it. But, I can tell you, from the inside, that this is playing havoc!

Okay, if you're all just to damned lazy, that's okay. I understand. Some folks are just BORN couch potatoes. But please, admit that you don't "flyer" because you're a butt plug, becasue you really don't feel the pain of those who are stuck, becasue you don't care.

But don't start with the "that'll never work"...." waste of time" crap OKAY!

• borgfree
    borgfree

One of my favorites is printed and distributed by Personal Freedom Outreach, PO Box 26062, St. Louis, Mo. 63136. It is a folded flyer making it 4 pages. I will only do the front page. It is called “A Gospel Test For Jehovah’s Witnesses” I am doing this on word, it may not come out the way the flyer is, but you will get the idea.

Please select the correct answer:

1.The Watchtower Gospel preached by millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses door-to-door is:

() The re-establishment of God’s Kingdom with Christ’s second presence commencing in 1914.

() The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

2.The Gospel believed and preached by born-again Christians is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When compared with the Gospel preached by Jehovah’s Witnesses, it is shown to be:

() The same Gospel.

() A different Gospel.

3.The Gospel received by the Apostle Paul, which he passed on, by which we are saved, (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) is:

() The re-establishment of God’s Kingdom with the second presence of Christ.

() The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

4.The Watchtower’s Gospel and the Apostle’s Gospel are:

() The same gospel.

() A different Gospel.

5.The Apostle Paul emphasizes that the result of preaching a different Gospel (Galatians 1:8,9) will be:

() Everlasting life.

() Everlasting condemnation.

Borgfree

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow
  • garybuss
    garybuss

Hi nativenyr23, All,Sounds to me like you got lucky. Be glad, not mad. It's like thinking I have a sack of flour in the cabinet ready for baking and when I open it, I find it has been wormy all along and I didn't know it.

The principle is: "Find the wormy flour before you need it and replace it."

Same applies to people. I am thankful when someone identifies themselves as "wormy" before I relied on them for something important and then they failed.

People who inform me they are going to start treating me like crap are doing me a favor. I just inform them they are out of my life forever and drop them off my radar screen.

Often they try to communicate with me by network like a true worm but I do not allow them to do that. Once they shun me, I set the rules.

gb

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Biblexaminer:

PLEASE...give me your website. I didn't see it on your post.

Thanks everyone....i'm feeling better today about that stupid call yesterday. It's not so bad because they're in-laws, but they haven't realized that they will now be shunning my husband too (their own brother and son) even though he's not a witness. Cuz he figures, "if they won't accept you, then they lost me too."

• garybuss
    garybuss

nativenyr23

I applaud your husband. I wish my wife had the guts to do the same.

gb

• TexSham
    TexSham

Print those flyers, girl. Go girl, go!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When making the flyer, remember to keep it simple and to the point.

o Base it on one or two topics (best to stick to one)
    o Only use proovable facts
    o Use large text and only a few sentences.
    o Avoid wordy flyers - most people today have the attention span of a gerbil

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

wooohooo! AM I FUELED NOW.....:)

your encouragement has created a FRANKENSTEIN!

i'll let you know how the flyer thing goes off....
    Hey...i think i still have my congregation mailing list....heeheeheee!

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

nativenyr, let us all know how it went. I'll be thinking of you and your husband.

Yadira

• elbobbo
    elbobbo

Do the flyer thing. It'll be fun!!! I know I did similiar things at the local grocery stores before and would watch as JW's walked in after the Sunday meetings, see them, get a horrified look on their faces and rip them down. That was such a blast!!! Of course I'd be waiting nearby with new flyers in hand. I'll also occasionaly go tape "cult." on their front door of the kingdom halls just for kicks. Its not vandelism because I do absolutely no damage. It also gives the JW's a chance to have to get rid of something someone left on their door for a change.
    As for making them think they're being persecuted by the evil apostates, so what? Look, those phsycho's are going to think that no matter what you do or don't do anways. At least this way you may actually help someone and even if you don't you'll at least have fun doing it. Who cares about what happens if the people praying for your death are upset by it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit