They Came Back!

by jerome 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• jerome
    jerome

I just thought that i'd inform the board that they decided to come back after all.

Right now I have to do something so i'll fill in the details later tonight.

The guy dident come back though.

It was only the lady and her daughter.

Let me tell you, it was absolutely pointless. Except for one thing.

They were surprised about the UN thing, but other than that nothing mattered. They said that the Watchtower would never do anything like that but even if they did that it was for a good reason.

I think that I should mention that they want proof of them joining the UN but I dont really think that they would care.

So thats it for now.

jerome

p.s.

They are coming back for the proof of them regeristering next week.

Later i'll fill in the details.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• jerome
    jerome

I forgot to mention that they told me that they thought that my mind wasant open enough.

Imagine that.

But I really dont want they to come back after next time so when they do i'll have to tell them.

Apparently they think that I an a potential convert, so I guess that i'll have to busrt their bubble next week.

Bye untill I I type out what I can rember from their 1 hour visit.

jerome

• Gopher
    Gopher

For those of us who didn't know about the first part of your story, could you tell us who "THEY" are -- who came back? And what were the issues? Or perhaps a link to an earlier thread describing your original contact with "THEM" would help.

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Gopher, find it here... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25429&site=3

Go Jerome GO!!!!!!!

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • NewLight2
    NewLight2

Here ya go, Gopher. Part 1 of Jerome's story.

Witnesses are coming to my door Sunday!
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25429&site=3

• jerome
    jerome

Ok here is how it went.

Sometime during the week two JWs came a knocking on my door and we had a discussion. They asked me if they could come back on sunday and I said yes.

I cleaned up the living room because my little sister made it a mess and I got ready for the four o'clock meeting.

They got there at 4:45. I was a little annoied at that because I thought that they werent coming back. But any ways when they did, the annoing feeling was all forgotten.

My father was in the living room watching golf and he said that he wasent moving so that caused a bit of a problem and I had asked them to wait outside for a minute while I rectified the problem. My father still wouldent budge so I had to ask them to come in and sit there in the living room with my dad in front of the television. That dident seem to be a problem though so I invited them in.

I really really dont want to type out all of that transpired because I dont have that kinda time to waste. I wasa going to see if could get a tape recorder but that fell through.

So i'll just give you the main details.

Quick summary:

The daughter did most of the talking.

Our discussion focused around.

False prophesy.
    Shunning.
    Lying. [Theocratic War Stragety]
    United Nations.
    Psychological Coercion.
    Persecution.

False prophesy.

This had absolutely no impact on either of them what so ever.

According to there logic anybody can predict the end of the world, but once something big happens its ok.

They said:Look the deciples did it.

I asked them to show me where in the bible did the deciples prediced the end of the world.

They showed me Acts 1:6-7, and told me that the deciples thought that the Kindom would be established in their lifetime.

So then I read the above verses and I think it applied to the Kingdom of God being established. And in HEAVEN at that. So what was the fslse expectation?

Then they said: dont worry about that dont you see that they were mistaken?

I gave them a blank stare because I had absolutely no idea where they got that notion from reading that verse.

That was the first time I saw rose tinted glases in action. Because there they were telling me that the bible said this when it actually said that. I thought my gf was bad but they really made her look like a genius. Because she actually listens and makes sense. But they on the other hand...

Shunning.

This topic was quickly thown out.

We only do what the Bible says that you should do.

To me it made nosense going into that topic because i knew that they wouldtry to pretty it up. And I dident even want to gointo the context of the situation because they wouldent get it.

Lying

They had absolutely no idea what Theocratic War Stragety was, or at least they pretended as much.

So I had to abandon the topic.

[red]United Nations.

I struck oil with this one.

After explaining to them what an NGO was and how difficult it was to become associated as one. I got a fairly captive audience.

They are even coming back for proof!

I told them that I read it from a Newspaper called [i8]The Guardian[/i] that the Watchtower itself quotes from.

I said that the title was something like "Hypocrite Jehovahs Witnesses get Dissociated from the UN DPI."

Then she started to explain to me that they could have just become registered so that they could send food into some country that needed food or in order to enter some country that the Witnesses were prohibited in.

But anyway they dident believe it but they still want proof.

So tomorrow i'll get as much info about the UN as I can so that when they come back I will have proof.

Psychological Coercion.

The daughter stopped me as soon as I said the word 'Coercion.'

She wanted to make it clear to me that No Body Forces You to Join the Witnesses. It is Your Own Decision.

So with that kinda attitude I got absolutely nowhere. Dident even get to say Mindcontroll.

Persecution.

She some how wants to get me to believe that they are the most persecuted religion on earth.

So I asked her what about the Jews?

Then she said that they were the ONLY RELIGION SPEAKING OUT ABOUT WHAT HITLER WAS DOING TO THE JEWS BACK IN THE 1940's.

So I asked her:

' Do you have a 1934 year book?'

She said no not presonally but that the kingdom hall should have one.

I told her that that topic would take alot more than hour to discuss so I dropped it.

Lessons Learned.

Jehovahs Witnesses are the most difficult people on earth to talk to.

They do not make sense out of anything.

You are wasting your breath trying to Witness to one.

They somehow never seem to get the point about anythinhg that you are saying.

You have to keep bringing them point of the matter you brought up.

They are so proud of the fact that only they have the truth, it is inconseiveable that anyone could be right about anything pertaining to the bible but them.

You should have a computer in the room, but even then it wont matter.

Problems faced.

You are expected to believe everything they say without question.

Their logic fails me.

They lie, and dont even bat an eye when their doing it.

They dont usually know what it is that your talking about so most of the time you get a blank stare.

Once you become a Witness its all over.

Plan of action.

Prevention is better than cure.

I personally wont waste anymore time trying to talk to any of them nless I think that they are ready to hear it.

But I may ocascionally anwser the door once in a while to listen to what they have to say and to take their magaziens and preserve them for evidence.

I'll just warn all of my friends and family about them but other than that i'm not going out of my way to talk to anyone as stubbourn as they are.

jerome.

• jerome
    jerome

The Watchtower is Veeeeeeerrrrry good at what it does.

It has to be stopped.

Imagine if you had that sort of controll over 6 million people what you could do with it.

I wanted to test out my new witnessing stragety with them but they stopped me at every corner.

This was important to me because I have to worry about telling my gf's parents that I dont share their beliefs and I never will.

Now that proposal dosent look too good.

Its like they just cant get anything. And when you try to explain it they stop you over some trivial matter.

It makes you wanna pull out your hair.

So I really dont know what i'm going to do from here but go back to the drawing board. I'll have to think of a new way to break the news to her parents.

But on the bright side;

I found out that the UN scandal is the most effective Witnessing tool. But even so they will think that the Watchtower had a good reason for doing it.

Any how it does get them to listen for a while.

So I'll make shure that every Witness that I talks to finds out about it.

jerome

• trudy
    trudy

Dear Jerome,
    Why not ask them if they believe they are doing God's will.
    When they say yes, then tell them they, then, are Christ's brother,
    or sister.
    If they say they are not, then open your Bible to Matt. 12:50 and
    read it to them.
    Christ said, "Anyone that does the will of my Father, is the same
    my brother, my sister, my mother."

It would be interesting to see their reaction.
    Then you might ask them if they obey God.
    They will say yes, of course.
    Then read them (Mark 9:7)God said,"This is my Son, my beloved,
    LISTEN TO HIM."
    Ask them if they obey God by Doing what he commanded.
    "Do you listen to Jesus? Or do you listen to your church instead?
    Ask, "do you put faith in Jesus and all he commands you or do you'
    put your faith in what your church commands you.
    Then read (John 14:15)"If you love me, you will observe my
    commandments."
    Ask them if they know what his commandments are.
    Then read (John14:21)"He that has my commandments and observes them,
    that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved
    by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him.
    Ask Is that what your church teaches you?
    Then read (1 John 5:11-12)"And this is the witness given, that God
    gave us everlasting life and this life is in his Son; he that does
    not have the Son do not have this life."

Ask, "Do you have the Son?
    Do you put the Son and what he commands above what men teach?
    then ask, "Are you obeying him when he commands you to eat his bread
    and the wine which represent his body which is to be in you?
    Then read (John 6:48-51)"I am the bread of life, your forefathers ate
    the manna in the wilderness and yet died, This is the breead that
    comes down from heaven so that ANYONE may eat of this bread, he will
    live forever, and for a fact the bread that I shall give is my flesh
    in behalf of the life of the world."
    (verse 54)"He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood, has
    everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day."
    (Verse 57)"Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live,
    because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one
    will live because of me."
    Ask, Do you obey Christ? If not, why not?

It will be interesting how they react.

Love,
    Trudy

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Firstly, Jerome, that was WAY too many topics for just one hour! JW's always have a ready made answer for someone new. They get a lot of this "training" from their weekly service meeting. A "text" they like using is called "Reasoning from the Scriptures". Ask your girlfriend for a copy. It will help you prepare yourself for their "standard" replys.

I studied with a JW for months trying to make an inpact, but all it got me was a "stopped study - for MY own good" - guess they thought that I was better off NOT knowing the "TRUTH"(tm), then knowing it and rejecting it.

Don't give up - just go a bit slower. Stick to ONE topic each session.

As for talking to your girlfriend's parents - I'd go REALLY slow with them. And DON'T tell them you will NEVER become a JW. They will force your girlfriend to cut off all ties with you.

BTW - how old is your girlfriend?

NewLight2

• butalbee
    butalbee

Jehovahs Witnesses are the most difficult people on earth to talk to.

They do not make sense out of anything.

You are wasting your breath trying to Witness to one.

They somehow never seem to get the point about anythinhg that you are saying.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone on this board could've told you that...it's a winless battle, it's useless to try, when they knock, don't answer, if you do, wear ear plugs and nod, smiling drunkenly, as you perhaps stumble around a bit. Scratch your ass, pick your nose, that ought to deter them some...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit