WBTS / JW views never quoted as good source of information

by menrov 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

When I was in, back in the day, I would always look in the index of a book that one might expect to find a reference to the JW's or WT. There never was. Which might have explained why I thought I was playing on a losing team.

In today's world they are further diminished and perhaps the reference I sought might be under a different heading....... like Cult.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It seems to me that their BOE Letters and confidential Shepherding Book are getting quoted frequently in court cases.

Guess that's not the same thing as something scholarly.

Doc

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    THey have no respect in academia as they are not actually bible scholars, but bible twisters. Its different, no matter how they prefer to see it.
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

giordano and doc made me laugh...

Like any used car salesman in a plaid jacket, the GB have an answer for everything. If they ever were quoted by scholars, they would brag about it from the rooftops:

"Even the 'World' has to acknowledge the WISDOM of the Faithful Slave!"

If they get mocked by scholars, then it's just Satan "blinding the minds of the unbelievers" or some reference to "Man's Wisdom" vs "God's Wisdom".

In their fantasy bubble, its the middle ages and they own the printing press. No reply allowed. Nobody to answer to.

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit