WBTS / JW views never quoted as good source of information

by menrov 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• menrov
    menrov

Not sure if my title is correct. What I noticed is that in say secular bible research documentation, books, lectures etc, one never (or at least I have never read it) reads a quote from one of the former or current WBTS leaders nor do I ever see a reference to one of their publication (unless it is article about the JW/WBTS itself).

For example, if you read a book on a bible theme or topic written by a scholar or other bible teachers/professors from Prof XYZ, you will find often in these books a reference to publications / statements / quotes from other scholars or professors. But never have I seen a reference to say a WT publication or quote / statement from one the leaders of the organisation.

So, despite the million page printed or conferences organised by the WBTS, the material apparently is never considered of value to others or to use as reference material.

In my view, that says a lot....

Or am I wrong??

• maksutov
    maksutov
    You are right, but they have no shame over that - I think they are quite proud of the fact that they are poorly regarded by 'the world'. They just quote 'the wisdom of the world is foolishness with God', and point out that the disciples were unlettered and ordinary.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They use what Jeremiah called, "a false stylus." This involves ANYTHING done to obfuscate information, especially misquoting sources, failure to cite sources, or taking quotes out of context. It would also involve quoting your own writing as a source to support your own writing.

DD

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    very interesting.... i hadn't thought about that one. For information to be printed to such a large audience, on a regular basis, you would think that some of that information could be used by other scolars, but no. Nada.
  • suavojr
    suavojr

Why do they have some awards at the Brooklyn headquarters? I suspect those awards are either fake or of no real importance... but the person giving us the tour said 'the GB wants to compete with other publishing entities and give weight to there material" basically if they are able to get some recognition it is easier for them to promote their blood doctrine, get legal recognition, etc...

Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

But never have I seen a reference to say a WT publication or quote / statement from one the leaders of the organisation.

Why would anyone want to quote a statement from one of the leaders of the WT?

Image result for people laughing pic

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I remember this exact issue when I was reading the booklet 'should you believe in the trinity'. Lots of info with no references.

Why no references? Very obviously many if not most of the claims were made up. Notice how many JW/WTS books are out of publication? Once people get wind of the BS, the WTS has to pull the book/booklet and fill the void with a new book of lies......lying for the truth....

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

You're quite right Menrov -

Which for me is a testimony to their [the non-JW scholars] thinking ability and scholastic sense !

But hell do 7 million faithful know how to quote the Slaaaaavvvvvvvve...{All Hail }

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This is an excellent point menrov. The reason is simple: there is no academic value to anything published by the WTBTS.

Real scholars of course realize this. If they ever did quote any WT publications, it would likely be to show how wrong they are.

• Icarus
    Icarus

Because JWs have made it their obnoxious stand to say they are the only true religion and everyone else eats **it, why would anyone want to give credibility to this insanity?

My sister-in-law uses two Catholic Pocket Bibles to make a point in service. The older edition has J's name in it, the more recent edition has it replaced with "Lord". I explain to her that it is for the same reason: Anyone who insists on adding J's name in their translation might be viewed as agreeing with the jWs, so, in this instance, the Catholics have taken it out. They refuse to take God's name in vain, 2nd Commandment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit