What are your goals in life?

by butalbee 31 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I find more and more I am meeting my goals and my life is headed where I want it to go. I am completely independent. I do not depend on anyone to help me out finacially. I am almost done with grad school and I will be entering a profession that I love and I am passionate about. I know where I want to live. I am so ready to get out there even more. The only part of my goals are to raise kids. And I know I will accomplish that as well.

• one
    one

"Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 yrs? "

Visiting, no just travelling, totally different places, sharing. Hong Kong, Agfanistan, South pole?

Remind me to ask the same question at next GB meeting.

"What do you really want to do with your life? "
    Control it, enjoy it.

"Are you living your dreams or just dreaming to live? "
    I dont dream...

"Do you like your job or do you wish you were doing something else? "
    I dont a job just thing to do when i want to.

"Are you happy w/ your present day world?"
    I dont have a world. WT says the world is backwards and belong to Natas

"Are you looking for love or just loving to look? "
    Where am I supposed to be looking for the that ineffable feeling?

"Do you ever wish you were somebody else,
    living in a different world,
    doing a different thing?"

I haven't met that ("somebody") person yet,
    how many world do i have to choose from,?
    like what? other than sleep, eat, dance, sex, and posting on this board?

Sorry for the stereotype wt/jw answers.

• rhett
    rhett

I one day dream of being the director of the International Velcro Museum. This has been a dream of mine ever since I was a small child watching the movie "Tron." I knew while watching that movie that velcro would one day become my life. I can't even begin to describe how much better my pancakes are now that I've started using velcro.
    Well, if I can't do that at least I could possibly have a career painting carpet.

• Imbue
    Imbue

If I continue to be creative and productive all my days...then I'll be happy. That's what I've found out about myself. As a JW my creativity was suppressed. They tend to shame anyone that pursues anything but preaching. So if I can do my work in peace then I will have serenity.

I'm currently working on a second bachelors degree. So, I'll probably be in graduate school since my field's master degree (an MFA), takes 3-4 years full time.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Larc, LOL smart move!

? Spend my money before the doctors have a chance to get their hands on it.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Solace
    Solace

Right now, my goal would be to continue to grow spiritually.
    Other goals,
    My husband and I did this when I was about 20, about 10 years ago. Ours goals were to own our own home, to have children and both have careers where we could go to work and not be miserable. We have met those goals.
    Now, if we could just get out of debt.....

• butalbee
    butalbee

No, Liquidizer, I didn't get it, resend it, ok??

• butalbee
    butalbee

What are my goals?? I have no idea...That's really pathetic of me, since I am the one who started this thread...But I just go from day to day, and hope for the best. I've learned not to look too deeply at the future, it doesn't matter how much one plans for it, life always throws that curve ball...Short term goal is to go on a vacation from my lovely employer and seek to reclaim what sanity I have left. Oh, and my lawn needs re-seeding this spring.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have love. Mitch is simply an incredible human being to be able to go through life with.

I have the basic necessities of life.

I have fair health.

I would say my goal is to learn and experience as much as I can and create and teach as much as I can.

Joel

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I just wanna be 'HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!"

Vennie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit