What are your goals in life?

by butalbee 31 Replies latest jw friends

• butalbee
    butalbee

Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 yrs? What do you really want to do with your life? Are you living your dreams or just dreaming to live? Do you like your job or do you wish you were doing something else? Are you happy w/ your present day world? Are you looking for love or just loving to look? Do you ever wish you were somebody else, living in a different world, doing a different thing?

• TheRecordCollector
    TheRecordCollector

Anymore, I just dream of living.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I did a personality quiz yesterday and found out I am in the wrong job. Not that I didn't have an inkling about that anyway. Apparently I am supposed to be in the counselling side of things. Which I might look into, since I do that for free for friends and family anyway.

I am single, but would prefer not to be. I am at the age I want to start a family before it's too late (TIME magazine had an excellent article on female fertility this week). I'm the sort of person who would like to be a stay-at-home mum. Having a fancy career was never an option for me as a JW, yet it's still not a high priority for me anyway.

In general, I believe life is what you make it. We all have the power to change some aspects of our life if we're not happy with it. It's just a matter of accepting the responsibility for what we have done in the past, and what we plan to do in the future.

Good thread topic, butalbee!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I am waiting until I grow up and then, I'll decide what to do with the rest of my life. Until then, I'll just enjoy my grandkids as much as possible.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

dont really have any goals, never have had.
    I just go around now looking for people I can offer something to, or they can offer me, and I give a little take a little.
    thats it.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 yrs?

On a couch, hopefully in a bunker in montana.
    =======
    What do you really want to do with your life?

Pretty much, sit on a couch. Of course if naked chained hotties were bringing me my dinner on their knees, I would not object. But thats just like the pain on the walls
    =======
    Are you living your dreams or just dreaming to live?

Totally living my dream. At least for now. In a few days I will be workin which totally sux and I wont be livin my dream, until I get on another study, then its back to the couch with me bucko!
    =======
    Do you like your job or do you wish you were doing something else?

I dont work. When I do then I wont like it. I will wish I was sitting on my couch.
    ========
    Are you happy w/ your present day world?

Oh yeah! Absolutely. I am really living my dream life. The couch, a computer, and some hot dogs.
    ========
    Are you looking for love or just loving to look?

Um, I dont believe in love. It is some sort of chemical reactionary delusion or disease or something, that makes folks believe in it. You cant see love, obviously it does not exist.
    ========
    Do you ever wish you were somebody else, living in a different world, doing a different thing?

That would mean I wouldnt be me sitting on my couch. So no. I know my life would bore some but I find it rather exciting sitting on my couch. Actually it isn't even my couch, so I am content on anyone's couch. Oh wait, I think I did buy this after all, with some study money. So that would be a no.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Keep pursuing positive motivation in all aspects of life.

Guest 77

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

I think I'm going to become a post graduate student. I have seriously thought to get Ph. D's degree. If I only dare to make a final decision on the matter... it's been 8 years since my last degree (and 6 of them I was a JW) and I don't know can my my brains still absorb the information.

What it comes to my love life... I'm still trying to search (like leisure suit Larry looking for love... LOL... just joking) my soulmate... haven't found her yet...

Did you get my e-mail, Butal?

L.

This is the noise that keeps me awake
    My head explodes
    And my body aches

-Garbage

• larc
    larc

looking for love? Nope. My wife would take a dim view.

wanna be somebody else. Nope. I would just have to learn to deal with other, different issues if I was somebody else.

5 year goals? Spend my money before the doctors have a chance to get their hands on it.

like my work? Love it, retired and do what I want. Doing some research that I really enjoy. In a few months I hope to be able to give you a reference where you can read my work.

• out4good3
    out4good3

My life has never been better since I walked away from that WT nonsense and went back to school. I well remember the elders implying to me that I was wasting my time and my time would be best served by staying at my current minimum wage job and engaging in more prayer, meeting, and field service attendance.

My wife is experiencing first hand the changes my decision has made in our life (she no longer has to even work) but she's lock by a lifetime of "mental regulating" fromt he WT. She can't see ther forest for the trees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit