Howmuch do you pay for internetacess

by happy man 25 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

when i had dial up it was $29 now it's $39 for broadband soon to go up to $49
    TOO MUCH but so far I like it a lot better.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

ISP -- 29 POUNDS STERLING? Ouch, what's that in Cdn $$$$

Maybe Moxy knows.

Hey mox, what's up with your new pic? I liked the old one with you driving with Tim Horton's coffee in hand!

Be yourself, there's only one of you.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I had dial-up for a long time. I learned from a Mindspring engineer who spent some time talking to local subscribers about our connection problems that many of the issues were the fault of the phone company. When broadband finally hit Macon, I was in and damn the cost. $50/month isn't really that bad when you consider the reliability and speed. I had the option of either cable or DSL and took DSL because it's actually a little better than cable and Bellsouth offered the DSL modems free with no contract.
    Forget dial-up, y'all. It's only going to get worse as telco's give worse and worse dial-up connections in order to drive people to broadband.

whatever...

• rhett
    rhett

I barter with my ISP. I send them a new sheep every three months and I get a cable modem connection. I also pay the rent by giving my landlord's family accordian lessons. I haven't the heart to tell them I've never played.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

29 pounds is approx Cdn$70.

I have cable for Cdn$49.95 per month. (US$33 / UKP20)

Expatbrit

• DIM
    DIM

AOL dial up connection at $23.90 a month. I always connect a fast speed, so its good enough.

• Simon
    Simon

£24.99 for 512k cable

Used to be on 56k dialup which was £14.99 per month.

Thinking of getting ADSL as well to aggregate the connections and get 1M (as long as Angharad doesn't find out!)

• Celia
    Celia

Dial-Up = only $20.00 a month !
    That's Vermont for you !

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

happy man: Yes this is the "Where the Boys Are(n't)" city otherwise known as "Ft. Liquordale". Ah, yes. I remember scenes like that way back when I did the beach bar scene. I had a guy saddle up to me asking what my sign was; a little navy squirt and I was old enough to be his mother and he was too drunk to notice. "You live here...cool".

Not snatching the thread...just wanted to respond to happy man.

Trot

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• jerome
    jerome

$30 US a month.

Dial up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit