Long Time Bethelites Facing Job Insecurity, Old Age, And Poverty, As Watchtower Corporation Downsizes Due To Years Of Wishful Thinking, Failed Predictions And False Hopes

by frankiespeakin 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think many older ones at Bethel have a nagging feeling that these New guys that Make up the Governing Body now at Bethel don't really give a rats ass what happens to them and that because of all the failed predictions their future is very bleak as the Corporation trims all the fat and sends them on their merry way with little hope of material benifits for all years of slaving for the corporation.

The scenario or fantacy cycle for wishful thinking is: A pattern that recurs in personal lives, in politics, in history – and in storytelling. When we embark on a course of action which is unconsciously driven by wishful thinking, all may seem to go well for a time, in what may be called the “dream stage”(1874-1914, 1916-1925, 1925-1975). But because this make-believe can never be reconciled with reality, it leads to a “frustration stage”(1975-2014) as things start to go wrong, prompting a more determined effort to keep the fantasy in being. As reality presses in, it leads to a “nightmare stage”(2014-20??) as everything goes wrong, culminating in an “explosion into reality”, when the fantasy finally falls apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I like the part that says that wishful thinking may cause unintended consequences. So much for wishing for the new world and it never showing up, sucks for those that gave everything for it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Hopefully,, the Bethelites in their 30s and 40s start developing a Plan B. The ones older (50+) better start making contacts with JWs with possibility with businesses that will possibly hire them and possible relatives or close JW friends that can rent a room out for them. And hopefully the younger ones consider a plan B with the long-run reality of getting a special skill school or colleges.

There has to be enough going on this way for them to re=consider and re-evaluate.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Career Bethelites and downsizeing:

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

The oldtime bethelites and retired co', missionaries end up in Congos where they become a burden to the locals. The same brothers that were criticized for having families, businesses and even higher education end up footing the bill. Then these same oldtimers sing and dance yelling that god has provided for them for being faithful to the WT corporation. Meanwhile the congo members are presented resolutions to financially support those and coercered to support those resolutions. They also end up applying for food stamps, welfare and other benefits from satans system that they spent decades condenming. Most dont even realize they wasted their lives serving men that dont give a care of their situation for obeying them blindly.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Wow, williamhconley summed the situation up quite accurately.

• Fernando
    Fernando

What Steve_C said.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

New Yaught!!! New Yaught!!! We Just Love This Idea!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WILLIAMHCONLEY:

The very thing you said is what I predicted would happen on similar threads a couple of years ago. I didn't need a crystal ball either!

So, it has become a reality in the religion. They are targeting everybody barely hanging on to a job and imagining they are going to give money to support people who criticized them for working!!! I work full-time and heard bull-shit remarks about "materialism".

I am glad I did a "fade" almost thirteen years ago, because the congregations are in full desperation mode and I would never tolerate this. The nerve of them. I am sorry about these people but I am glad I'm not around this disaster.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would think that the Governing Body would have some type of Golden Parachute for those higher up in the Corporation? But instead it is a Kleenex tissue parachute and work till you drop and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_parachute

A golden parachute is an agreement between a company and an employee (usually upper executive) specifying that the employee will receive certain significant benefits if employment is terminated. Most definitions specify the employment termination is as a result of a merger or takeover, [1] [2] [3] also known as "Change-in-control benefits". [4] But more recently the term has been used to describe perceived excessive CEO (and other executives) severance packages unrelated to change in ownership (also known as a Golden handshake ). [5] The benefits may include severance pay , cash bonuses, stock options , or other benefits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit