Is it common to,,,

by label licker 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I cannot imagine wasting my energy with them. They are a bunch of liars already loaded for bear. And they had a special needs part about apostacy too? Umm hmm. What is the COs definition of "treated unfairly"? It is not the same as yours.

You know the punch line is just waiting to be thrown on the table..."Do you believe that the FDS are appointed to the feed the sheep during the last days? Do you believe that this is Jehovah's organization? As if believing in a FDS illustration or believing in an organization is something.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

It sounds like the JC elders already have an agenda. Did you call them or get in touch with one of them seeking answers to questions?

Sounds like someone reported you for something? Malicious gossip? How do you get out of something like that one!

Do you think they are on a fact finding mission? They might try to set you up during the meeting to get you to react. Brazen attitude.

Are you attending meetings? One of your post said a year ago. If so why bother.

It would be better to disassociate yourself than to be disfellowshipped.

Why deal with elders unless you decide to go back to meetings. That is what I was told. Why waste your time? They will just wonder why you showed up so they can disfellowship you.

You might want to call one of the elders and ask what the meeting is about if it is something that you done, if he can not tell you then it is a waste of your time.

JC meetings are to keep the congregation clean. You can never trust any elder.

• label licker
    label licker

The charges are malicous lying and apostasy. They told us they are on a fact finding mission and this whole meeting is based on gossip. We asked him then why set up a jc. We have not gone out to seek anyone or to associate with anyone. We do know that one of the elders on the jc already lied to us when he said they didn't give any names in the local needs talks. He's a liar for we had gotton a phone call stateing that him and the other elder that's on our jc went to a family's home making accusations about us to them harrassing them three times. On the third try they were told not to come and they still ended up on the poor sisters doorstep with her husband not home. Spreading gossip about us from our last hall which by the way the one elder happens to work for one of the elders from our last hall.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

In my experience the elders always placed the cart before the horse because keeping appearances is much more important than shepherding the flock. I am sorry to hear about the JC, that is definitely going to suck and I realy wouldn't keep my hopes for talking with the CO after.

They're saying that to help you feel at ease but after they've judged you tomorrow the CO will hear you no more- neither will HQ.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Ask them if they re-read the procedures in the KMS book. It sounds as if they haven't. Tell them you will have to consult a lawyer and you will probably bring one. Tell them that if they have only gossip, there are no grounds for a committee meeting. Remind them that similar gossip is not evidence. They must have two witnesses at least or they should shelve it. Tell them you are prepared to sue them for defamation based on assertions they've made to others that you can document. Tell them that Elders who spread slanderous gossip in the guise of "investigation" are liable to their own committee hearing. And a law suit.

Spit in their eye.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Decision time - do you want to stay "in or be out"?

I agree with "Allelsefails". If you want to stay in, tow the line and say what they want to hear. This is put the burden of proof on your accusers. Keep calm, yet confident.

Or you can "win the battle, but loose the war". You know, if you say anything different than "current truth", they will kick you out and only those on this forum will be here for you.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Why put yourself and your family through the wringer like this?? Take control of YOUR life!

These co's, po's, do's, elders and gossip monkies have NO AUTHORITY over you or your household. They have not been chosen by any supposed divine authority. By even talking to these fraudulant people you give them the power they crave.

I was phoned out of the blue by an elder who wanted us to d/o ourselves by letter after a field service group saw our christmas lights. (you couldnt miss 'em mind ) My statement to him was that any brother who dared to make ANY announcement about us would be sued personaly for "using our names without permission in a public place (data protection act)" and "defamation of character". No announcement. Left alone. Nada.

They hate hearing the "sue" word. Take control once and for all. We had to start again with new friends. It was more than worth it. Hope it all works out.

GA

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Label, Something that happened to me that sounds familer.

In 4 years we have had a visit twice, never were formal, both were before the CO visit.

Both times were showing up on a Sat unannounced. No prior phone call.

Both times we had a short small-talk discussion. Both times my wife said we were going to meetings at another congreations. (not true)

Yet, these same elders keep telling my family that I am rejecting their help and refusing to meet with them.

• kjg132
    kjg132

what OLD GOAT said....very good advise...they will probably back off..

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Ok, I think I get the picture..

You got a crazy elder!

You can never be prepared.

Only answer the questions they ask.

Answer with this: Why would you say that? That was not me! or you misunderstood.

What they do not know about does not matter. Better to keep somethings to your self.

I have to agree with others they are targeting you,witch hunt!

The bottom line you know it is not bibical and now you know elders lie.

Elders on here will not admit to using training.But it is obvious they have some training.

Actions and body movement is important when asking why. You got eyes you.

Women gossip left and right and they are very hurt hurtful.

Ask why a year later and what is their conclusion as to call this meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit