Fun Facts learned this week in my reading...

by Terry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Okay, my fact was from observation, not reading. Here's some from reading: Cats are either righties or lefties, like humans. (Some may be ambidextrous too, like humans) A dogs sense of smell is 100,000 times sharper than a humans. Ever watch one of those shows where a bloodhound follows a scent down a highway tracking a person who was in a car? Amazing.

• Vidiot
  • sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Vidiot, that link is actually veeeery interesting.

So all the talk of Christians being fed to lions is probably bunk and legend....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    SafeAtHome - "...Some may be ambidextrous too, like humans..."

Polydactyls, I think (they're cool, BTW).

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Two African Swallows can carry a coconut when it's suspended on a line under their dorsal guidance feathers.

And coconuts can migrate.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"You put a line on the coconut and Swallow it up."

Sorry; couldn't resist.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Very punny, Vidiot.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Listened to an radio interview with Peter Gabriel briefly about some recordings he did with monkeys accompanying him on the piano. Now before we get the snark and ridicule hear me out.

The conclusions that they were reaching was that there was a much stronger degree of sentience that was previously thought. To further expand, maybe they are much more like us, but limited by there comunication skills.

It certainly raised more questions than it answered, and the musical recordings were amazing.

Oh, and another aspect of the interview dealing with this, if I remember it correctly dealt with the need or idea of having an Interspecies Internet.

Found it, here is a link.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2013/07/09/gabriel-interspecies-internet

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Oh, and another aspect of the interview dealing with this, if I remember it correctly dealt with the need or idea of having an Interspecies Internet.

---

Got that covered: JW.Org.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Vidiot: One of my clients has a polydactyl kitty. I think it is the cutest little thing, like it is wearing mittens!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit