"20,000/month being baptized into the organization"

by NeverKnew 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

It was 30,000 per month about 15 years ago - that's the part they don't trumpet.

The number of new baptisms, after increasing year over year for decades, has been trending steadily downward since about 1996 or so.

If that trend continues, and I see no reason it shouldn't, the number of JWs will level off and then begin to shrink. It may happen pretty soon too.

• jemba
    jemba

Sir82 I hope youre right.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"20,000/month being baptized into the organization"

I wasn't aware there were that many 10-year-olds in the religion.

Farkel

• Splash
    Splash

268,777 baptized last year
    361,394 fewer attended the memorial last year (compared to the year before)

So despite adding a quarter of a million converts, the memorial was attended by a third of a million fewer.

Splash

• Glander
    Glander

Farkel beat me to it. How many of those were underage children of JW families?

That, minus the number of existing JWs who are disappearing for various reasons and you realize how shaky the org is.

This is 2013 for crying out loud. The dogma bears scant remblance to the "truth" when I shook the dust off my feet 30 years ago.

The significance of 1914 doctrine being abandoned doesn't mean much to children and newbies but there are thousands of older witnesses that feel they've been had. They only stay now because their religion has turned into a tar baby that has them in a predicament.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Being "baptized into the organization" ... not "baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" .... hmmm right.

That says a lot.

Eden

• whathappened
    whathappened

Farkel, I had just taken a drink of soda when I read your comment. Needless to say, I laughed so hard and almost choked to death.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Children being baptized..?..nothing less than child grooming. In my old congregation increase came just from those born into it....so much for making an informed choice....and woe betide any who subsequently grow up and want out...they face tremendous pressure from family etc to stay in..I'm so glad none of my family ever came in....

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If you consider that there are over 111,700 congregations there are less than 2.5 baptisms per congregation per year. I suggest that almost all these are children of baptized parents. It is rare that someone comes from the territory.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    Being "baptized into the organization" ... not "baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit"

Amen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit