Evidence of creation?

by chappy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

Hoob, hoob....c'mon....look at the wheel.

Many cultures developed it independantly. It was what was needed to move from one stage in human cultural evolution to another.

Or, taming wild animals. Happened a LOT of times, but in slightly different ways.

Convergence just means that similar problems in the same basic environment will be met with similar solutions.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• chappy
    chappy

Francois said "Creationists have NOTHING BUT miracles." Come on Francois, that goes both ways. I have yet to have the origen of the universe explained in a purely scientific manner, (other than matter originating from some "strange vibration".) Observed phenomina with no explination = miracle. The assumption is that there is some as yet unknown scientific explination without a creator, but that is because the creator possibility isn't even considered by avid evolutionists.

Either way it's a miracle IMHO.

later,
    chappy

• rhett
    rhett

The creationists that I've ran into love use the complexity of the universe and development of man and other higher life forms as proof that a supreme being made everything because they think its just impossible that it could come about on its own. That brings up the question of how this supreme being who was able to make all of this stuff came about. I've used the following illustration on another post like this one. Its like creationists say its impossible for a Palm Pilot to magically appear out of thin air because someone would have had to have made it. They have problems with that but have no problem explaining this creation by saying that the Palm Pilot and all of its accessories and packaging came from this wonderous machine that came out of thin air. Sorry folks, I just can't buy that one.

• heathen
    heathen

Although I'm not a religionist I do believe in creation.The odds of evolution being proven fact are slim to none.I don't believe there is extra terrestrial life .If they should happen to find any life in the solar system it would probly have to do with the earth slinging meteorites that landed on the other planets .I remember they alledgedly found a mars meteorite they at first claimed they found microbiological eviidence of life on mars but then realized that the the sample had been contaminated due to the earths atmosphere.Another reason I am skeptical is cause so many alledged ufo encounters just about all of them can be proven falsified,some were just natural phenomena.

• Moxy
    Moxy

somewhat related to the topic:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1913000/1913228.stm

excerpt:

Life on Mars hopes raised

Scientists have found "intriguing" new evidence that may indicate there is life on Mars.

An analysis of data obtained by the Pathfinder mission to the Red Planet in 1997 suggests there could be chlorophyll - the molecule used by plants and other organisms on Earth to extract energy from sunlight - in the soil close to the landing site.

mox
  • chappy
    chappy

rhett,

Would you say one analogy is more impossible than the other?
    One or the other must be true. How do you choose between two impossiblities? In my case what I see reflects intelligent design and intent. Eye of the beholder I suppose.

later,
    chappy

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Was life created? Did it evolve?

Ok try this on for size.

For existence to exist, something must always have existed. Really this is what all sides are saying. The theist believes it is a deity. Evolutionists believe it was a spot of energy, etc. The sides will argue ad infinitum over this one. Because in any case we cannot, so far, go back and see.

It is interesting that usually both sides think those are the only two options. God, or evolution. Buddhists often fall into the category of evolutionists now that there is a viable explanation to them. Technically I think they could always have been said to hold to that kind of thought, what with karma and such.

But folks there are literally hundreds of possibilities. Rather, hundreds of possible explanations, even if they are far fetched, or downright wrong.

The Irish had no creation mythos, until the coming of christianity. They just assumed everything always was and always would be in an endless cycle of worlds. The worlds were in a circuit, each more spectacular than the last. Until finally you ended up back here, and this world was more spectacular than the one just before it. How could this be? It is an Irishism.

Conversely, while everything always existed, there was a first this and a first that. How can that be? Again an Irishism.

Myself I could care less. God are you there? Yeah I didn't really expect you to answer me. If he is, he is totally irrelevant to me. How did we get here? Where is Jimmy Hoffa? I dont know and I dont see the point in useless speculation, except for a board game perhaps.

So would I change my view if I met people from another planet? My concern at that point would be, do yall practice polygamy, are we compatible without your females insides eating away at my outsides, and how soon can you arrange a meeting, if they are in any way pleasing to me. Cat people please, not dogs thank you.

• rhett
    rhett
    How do you choose between two impossiblities?

I chose the one that's less impossible. For all that, my analogy may not have been the best one because we're just talking about how the universe came to be; big bang or a god created it. If believing the big bang caused everything then do tell how believing that some big super being came into existence and was so great and wonderous that he was able to create everything is so much easier. By all means, plesae explain that one. Yeah, it may be hard to believe that a box of Skittles was left on my front porch but even harder to believe that magical little gnomes left them up there for me.
    Of course you see something that reflects intelligent design. Were it not for that order our world wouldn't exist. It just means life requires order to to be. It doesn't mean that it was created by a god creature.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

RHETT...I agree with the first half, but disagree with the second half of your post when you start saying:

If all the new ager's had the proof to back them up
    So you've filed legitimate study under the tab of new ageism. If that's how you feel, O.K., but I disagree.

There is more proof of these matters than you give credit for. As soon as these scientists leave the established academia, they're trashed and summarily dismissed.

I should add that in addition to GOVT suppression, there is peer suppression as well. People can't handle the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit