Evidence of creation?

by chappy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• chappy
    chappy

Not trying to start a discussion about extra-terrestrial life, but I assume that most feel it to be a rather strong possibility whether your belief is in creation, evolution or both.
    I agree that discovery of intelligent life outside this world doesn't prove creation. Suppose however that such life were discovered and that it was of the homo-saphien variety? What would be the odds of this happening through pure evolution? Would your belief turn more toward creation?

later,
    chappy

• TheEye
    TheEye

chappy,

No. There are many things that could explain such an occurance.

TheEye

• Francois
    Francois

I already believe in creation.

I believe God created all that we call real. And evolution was his technique.

Francois

• rhett
    rhett

Actually, my belief in evolution would be even stronger if that were to happen. It would just prove that the same elements that made humans evolve are what are necesary to evolve other species on other planets.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Evolutionists have a miracle called "convergence" which allows them to believe that very similar structures such as the mammal eye and the squid eye evolved separately. They invoke this mysterious and incredible miracle when they have to explain similar structures and designs when their normal miracle of "common descent" can't be called upon.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Look at the variety of "weird" life on Earth - the archeobacteria that live in boiling volcanic lakes, the deep sea tube worms that live near thermal vents using a completely alien sulfur based electron transport mechanism.

Stars fuse hydrogen into helium. Helium fuses into carbon... The nuclear fusion reaction in stars produces the elements of life, and it is likely that the elements we know are the same throughout the universe. Yes, there may be some elements that exist in exotic natural conditions that are uncommon in our neighborhood - ultratransuranium elements and crystaline quarks, but the 100 of so elements we know and love are likely to be known and loved by scientists everwhere, whatever their species.

The matter expelled from stars condenses to form planets, and planetary volcanism and thunderstorms cause simple compounds to combine into much more complex compounds. RiboNucleic Acid (RNA) can reproduce itself. Planetary variables like gravity and temperature will influence which evolutionary mutations are sucessful.

I think that within a generation we will find that there is organic life on EUROPA, the moon of Jupiter. It may only be microbes, but what a great day that will be!

• ISP
    ISP

The vastness of the universe probably means it is statistically likely that life does exist.

ISP

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

If you believe that one spiritual creature exists, IMO, you believe by default in extra-terrestrials.

If there wasn't so much govt. suppression, perhaps the studies of metaphyics, ufology and the like would gain greater ground, and gain wider acceptance.

People are afraid of the unknown usually, and those with glass paradigms to protect don't want the stones of research to upset them.

• rhett
    rhett
    If there wasn't so much govt. suppression, perhaps the studies of metaphyics, ufology and the like would gain greater ground, and gain wider acceptance.

Not exactly true. I talk to research scientists on a fairly regular basis. Not only are they professionals, they are professionals that love anything out of the ordinary when it comes to space topics. The new understanding of certain areas may be met with a certain resistance at times but its only because the topic being brought up doesn't fit into any models that are currently understood. Finding things that don't fit the mold are absolutely loved though because they help gain a better picture of the universe that we're a part of. Its not supression that keeps metaphysics and UFOlogy down, its the lack of proof to back them up. If all the new ager's had the proof to back them up they'd be accepted. Just about all of it that I've seen though is rather flaky to say the least.
    Oh, BTW, the research scientists that I talk to on a fairly regular basis are the same ones that study pieces of asteroids, comets, Mars, and the moon looking for any signs of life that may be out there.

• Francois
    Francois

Hooberus, you said, "Evolutionists have a miracle..."

What a set of balls. Creationists have NOTHING BUT miracles.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit