Help: Contacting Cynthia Franz to Convert Raymond Franz's Books to e-Books

by ABibleStudent 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Does anyone know how to contact Cynthia Franz to ask if she can inquire about publishing Raymond Franz's books in ebooks/digital formats? If Raymond Franz's books were in digital formats for sale, it could help Cyhthia Franz to live a little bit better and could also help more JWs.

A quick check of www.amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=crisis%20of%20conscience%20raymond%20franz&sprefix=Crisis+of+Con%2Caps%2C211 suggests that Raymond Franz's books are in paper editions only. In the thread COC Request, Tech49 wanted to obtain a digital copy of "Crisis of Conscience" so that he could read it without drawing suspicion to himself, but could not locate a digital version of it. In the thread Many ex-JWs have never read Combating Cult Mind Control, I wrote about contacting Steve Hassan about republishing "Combatting Cult Mind Control" in a digital format so that JWs would not be turned off from reading it and worrying about how other JWs would treat them.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Comatose
    Comatose

Great idea. Would help many people.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Franz books Already are in PDF electronic format .

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Watchtower-Free - Franz books Already are in PDF electronic format .

Hi Watchtower-Free, Where are they sold in .pdf formats? I know that there are .pdf versions available on the internet, but I was trying to help Cynthia Franz as well as JWs with doubts. I prefer win-win situations instead of win-lose situations.

If they were sold on www.amazon.com in the Kindle format, then Cynthia Franz might be able to receive more money and more people would know how to purchase them.

Robert

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Used to be available on commentarypress.com I think was the site.

I had seen messages over the last year or so that it was not always available n there for some reason.

NJY

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I think this is an excellent idea!! Many interested active JWs (maybe not many) but some would jump at the chance to download an e-book rather than order a book someone might find. It's probably easier to lock/hide your kindle content. I would buy, especially if it would help an old woman who lost her husband get some income.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Mouthy noted that Dan & Debbie Dykstra are handling the book now. I believe an e-book is in the works.

• Vanderhoven7
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks for the leads jgnat and Vanderhoven7!

According to Dogpatch in the thread "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom" in stock at Amazon. posted on 3/29/2012, Cynthia Franz is moving and Dan and Debbie Dykstra are taking care of her needs and running Commentary Press. According to the information that Vanderhoven7 supplied, the address forf Commentary Press was P. O. Box 43532, Atlanta, Georgia 30336 in 2007. I tried to locate Commentary Press on the internet using Google and found http://www.commentarypress.com/ with a webpage saying it will be on-line soon.

My question now is has anyone purchased the 4th edition of "Crisis of Conscience" and will they post the address for Commentary Press to this thread or if they know how to contact Dan and Debbie Dykstra please contact them and ask them if they will be publishing an e-book (i.e., Kindle format) soon?

Thanks again.

Robert

• cedars
    cedars

ABibleStudent

My question now is has anyone purchased the 4th edition of "Crisis of Conscience" and will they post the address for Commentary Press to this thread

I have the fourth edition.

The address given for the Commentary Press is PO Box 43532, Atlanta, Georgia 30336

Hope that helps!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit