Food For Logical Thought...

by braincleaned 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Eden One: I nowadays lean towards - although I don't make it a dogmatic assertion - that in some cases of natural phenomena (the flood and the destruction of Sodom being two of them) God acted opportunistically...

This makes absolutely no sense. If God has no power over natural causes, he is not an almighty God — If he DOES have power over them, my opening remark is still valid.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Seraphim23, I agree. I wanted to stqart a discussion — I am an atheist. I wanted to point out the cruelty of the Jehovah character in the Bible.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I often think exactly the same. Why didn't god (if the story were true) deal with the first problem of one of his angels going bad? Why allow the bad angel to cause thousands of years of damage so that at the end of it you could say 'see, I was right, I'm god'

ive never understood the whole idea of allowing suffering. Just to prove a point. I always remember the WT answer of how all the angels would have been watching and if god had just destroyed satan then it wouldn't have answered the question. Really? So, god then had to concern himself with the thoughts of all those perfect angels in case they thought satan had a point? Where does that stop?

• bohm
    bohm

Eden One: I nowadays lean towards - although I don't make it a dogmatic assertion - that in some cases of natural phenomena (the flood and the destruction of Sodom being two of them) God acted opportunistically...

Thanks for providing your input eden one! It make perfect sence to me now:

God might be allmighty and all-powerfull and all, but when it comes to killing of children, sometimes he go with the easy way out and drown them, even if it mean they have to suffer a bit more.

Thats just the type of thinking any sensible person would subscribe to.

Like god says, if the little turd float, I just flush a second time...

• bohm
    bohm

A day in court:

Judge: Why did you drown the children?

Accused: Well, i figure i could have shot them and that would have been painless and all, but then i had to go back to the cabin and get the gun. Fortunately we were standing near a river and i knew they couldnt swim, so i acted oppertunistically and pushed em in. Saved me a bunch of work.

application of godly wisdom right there eden one!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I'm a bit disappointed that the comments that followed mainly deflected my main point.

My main point was that the CHARACTER of God in the Bible is a horrid and cruel one. Not Love at all.

I don't care if he used natural catastrophes or not. I don't care that the wicked were in fact wicked or not.
    I am discussing the nature of the punishment... the fact that an all powerful God would be totally in charge of the punishment He would choose.

The Biblical account invokes a FACT: Jehovah used a most horrid way to destroy those he judged wicked!
    He had the choice to prevent:

• The (ridiculous) gathering of all species (or "kinds") of animals to the point of rendez-vous; the Ark.
    • The building of an imposing Ark to escape the destruction of the world as they knew it.
    • His regretting having destroyed the earth, and promising to never do that again.
    I will pass on the IMMENSE work feeding and taking care of all the dung produced by the Animals — let alone contain the bees and other venomous insects… The whole thing makes no sense whatsoever — but my point is to show that all this baloney was as unnecessary and as cruel as possible for the death of all humanity minus one family. A child could find a better way… like making the wicked drop dead and disintegrate. Period. Easy peasy. But why make things simple when we can make them complicated, right??? I fail to understand why most here can't stay on track and deal with this precise issue of evil and good from a so-called loving god.
  • braincleaned
    braincleaned

// ive never understood the whole idea of allowing suffering. Just to prove a point.//
    THANK YOU iCeltic!!!

LMAO bohm!!! :D

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

In short, Jehovah uses the most horrid and tortuous ways to punish his enemies. He can clearly do otherwise.

He is a self-proclaimed jealous and vengeful god... bearing the same characteristics than the barbaric men who created him, with their illogical and cruel writings.

It disgusts me that anyone can still believe in this megatroll, let alone give him any excuses.
    The flood example is one of the tamest ones, by the way...

• Scully
    Scully

I think sometimes religious people use the graphic violence (a) to scare themselves - and their kids - into behaving (b) as kind of taking delight in the death of someone they consider to be a sinner (Schadenfreude).

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yes, I believe so Scully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit