Food For Logical Thought...

by braincleaned 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Sometimes we waste hours and hours debating a subject like the flood, and the impossible scientific and evolutionary consequences that it entails. We go into great debates about how all of is is possible, what a "kind" means (species, obviously not)… etc…
    But believers will not stop believing...

So here is something even a child would think of more logically: If God is all powerful and Love — why would he have not just made the wicked drop dead, painlessly?
    Simply, humanly.
    Why put pregnant women, babies, children, the elderly thru to horrors and anguish of drowning? Why the cruel end — it's not like they would learn any lesson! Noah, instead of having the ark and all the animals to take care of, could have concentrated more on his preaching…. Please tell me, if you are still a believer in God's Love — why does he feel the need to be so cruel, when he could clearly go about it differently?

And this is just ONE example... I could refer to Hosea and many others...

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Me and my Mom had this discussion. She would constantly quote the passage about tongues rotting out of peoples mouths and thier eyeballs rotting in the socket and I would think, Jeez that is a little much. No doubt painful... probably moreso then being burned alive. Why would a good that doesn't like child sacrifice and is so loving cause this to happen. What would make him think in such a way.

Her insane response was his thoughts are higher than our thoughts........................ well now that doesnt seem sensible does it.

She even went so far as to say that God will amke sure that they know why they are dying, so split seconds before they die he will put some thought in thier minds to let them know that he is killing them.. "Jehovah of Armies".

What would a loving creator gain from that. A thinking person would realize nothing - brainwashed cult members see it the opposite.

• Simon
    Simon

Logic doesn't mix well with religious belief and superstition.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Oh my... if I had a dollar for every time I heard " his thoughts are higher than our thoughts"...

Fact is, his thoughts a LOWER than our thoughts. I told my zealous JW mom that even SHE had superior morals than her own God — since she clearly does not agree with slavery and genocide, nor jealousy and a vengeful spirit... etc...

But you know sheep, you can punch them in the face and they still act like you did nothing.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yep Simon, explaining logic to most JWs is like explaining math to a snail.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Let's face jehovah is the corporation's crude killing machine for those that don't accept their authority to govern plan and simple.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Jehovah is the adult's Bogeyman.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, once you get used to killing, it's not enough to just condemn people to eat bread until they gradually grow old and die. You've gotta be a little more vicious than that. I can only assume he enjoys the killing or else he'd find a more humane way to go about it. I mean, he does have a God Complex, after all, so dealing with the defiant in as horrific a way possible is kind of in line with that....

--sd-7

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

... and to think Satan is the bad guy — when all he is accused of is lying!

You'd think God's word would paint him darker than the "good guy", huh?

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Ingersoll said: Who would like to have a father who drowned his own children.

Obviously JW, Christians and other like their killer father.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit