another problem with the new FDS doctrine

by inbetween 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

" if you don't obey them and agree with everything they say, you are in danger of being annihilated at Armageddon "... that's after they first trash your family life in the meantime.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Jesus has been relegated to a probationary employee of the Watchtower Corporation, kind of like a perspective employee on that reality show with Donald Trump called “The Apprentice.” And since the new light about just who is supposed to now be in control of it all, the Governing Body (now known as the new uppity corporate version of the “Faithful and Discreet Slave Class”) has stood up in front of Jesus and said, “YOU’RE FIRED!”

So, I guess the Lord Jesus Christ is now really just a completely moot issue, gone by the wayside. . . . . That’s a pity. The dude sure could cook up a good batch of fish and loaves of bread for large gatherings in a pinch – we could sure use him at the noon break at the district convention. . . . . (Sigh.) I kind of miss that dude; he seemed to be a nice, alright kind of guy. All well – like they say, You can’t fight city hall.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You're all trying to make sense out of nonsense!

I order you to stop it immediately!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, that's excellent! Well, being 'invisibly present' isn't exactly all that helpful anyway. I mean, unless Jesus has a really good telecommuting/work-from-home thing going on, he kinda hasn't been in for the last century or so...

--sd-7

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

i love the fact that it took jesus and jah 4 plus years to find rutherford that supposedly was already anointed by the holy spirit, then his first food at the proper time was the book finishmystery, which chased away 80 percent of his followers. that was some good food.

• Listener
    Listener

From the W 2013 July 15

Who, then, is the faithful and discreet slave? . . . that slave is made up of a small group of anointed brothers who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food during Christ’s presence.

Although they changed the coming of Jesus to the future in several of the parable's, they are still maintaining that he has been present since 1914. Notice in the quote how they talk about dispensing the food during his presence (now). So according to them Jesus came in 1914 appointed them in 1919, went away and will return again in the future to appoint them over all his belongings but in the meantime he's always been present.

• Watkins
    Watkins

So he's absent, but present? How does that work?! Are they saying, in effect, that the fds/gb is the manifestation of Jesus' presence? So, they are saying they ARE Jesus? Yeah... I think that's what they're saying. CULT

• Splash
    Splash

If the elders ("stars") are in Jesus hand but it is the GB who give direction to the elders, what does that make the GB?

Answer: Jesus' hands.

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If Jesus is in complete control over the Elders ( stars of Revelation.. ) then who's fault is it when child molesters get appointed as Ministerial Servants or Elders?!

So Jesus went somewhere, right? He had to leave, otherwise there was no reason to appoint the slave. They don't get the belongings yet, because he has not returned to appoint them. So where is Jesus? Maybe he came back tired and is taking a nap? 90+ years is isn't that long when 1,000 years is but one day. Perhaps that is how he is still present, he's in the other room napping.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Its funny, although the congregatgion was "cleansed" in 1919, an examination shows almost no doctrines were changed from 1914 to 1919. Use of the cross, holidays, birthdays, blood transfusions, etc continued. Wrong dates persisted, like Christ coming in 1874/1878, last days starting in 1799 etc. The 7/15 WT never explains what cleansing really happened in that time period, that Jesus would pick them and unfourtunately most JWs wont think to find out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit