Delayed depression..

by Oculos Aperire 27 Replies latest members private

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Oculos, I've been thinking of your situation. I wish you the best, and I do not know your situation, however, may I suggest a puppy or dog as a companion?

At my lowest, I adopted miniture Australian Sheppard puppies, and I'll have to say, they have really lifted my spirits.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Oculos Aperire - Should one seek professional help? Where can one find this help? All thoughts, views and advice appreciated. Thank you for listening..

Hi Oculos Aperire, Depression sucks and only you can help yourself by asking for help - like you did. Either contact Steve Hassan or one of his trained counselors by completing his website's email request form at http://freedomofmind.com/Contact/index.php to locate a trained exit counselor near you, or talk with Steve Hassan or one of his trained counselors at 617 396-4638 from 9:00 to 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday for ~ $100.

I hope you write back soon that you are/have talked with a trained cult-exit counselor soon, because some people do not choose wisely.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• villagegirl
    villagegirl
    Not knowing your age, sex, living conditions, if you have a job ? Hard to respond. Are you in Canada? or the UK , both places have full medical care available. Do you have anything you like to do? Example: I went swimming today at the Kits saltwateer, outdoor pool, here in Vancouver, it was swimming under the beautiful sky and clouds, and huge pool was practically empty in the morning, it was heavenly. I get into painting and that relaxes me also. I take a camp chair and watercolors and find a beautiful garden and paint the scene and meditate on the beauty of the flowers. I go sit in coffee shops to be around people with no pressure. There are lots of interesting and kind people everywhere and clubs you join. I volunteered with a community Center here and found working with children very uplifting. Yes its going to be a long transition, but just keep reaching out, and going out and find some structure in your life and somthing to do.
  • Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

Thank you for all your responses. The suggestions and ideas are very helpful and a great support. Just having people that can understand is invaluable.

I'm grateful to you all.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Oculos, please post again soon to let us know how you're getting on. We always worry when someone who has recently left the JWs is having a difficult time.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Dear OA, I'm so sorry you are suffering. Hardly anyone leaves WBT$ without depression. I like to think of it like the pain a person suffers when he/she needs heart surgery. The recovery is extremely painful but the alternative is worse. Same thing with the borg. It is devestating to find out TTATT. Now what? Who am I? What do I believe? Why am I so afraid? Who can I trust? etc. etc. but staying is worse. When hubby and I first left we were contacted by Flipper on this board. We spoke to him on the phone and it was like a tonic. You realize all your fears, anger, and depression are to be expected and that there are people who feel your pain genuinely CARE. Why don't you pick someone whose posts you enjoy and PM them. Friendships are often started that way. Before you know it, you will find yourself trying to help someone else. In turn, you will be helped as well. Paying it forward helps depression. Flipper Just lois

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

Anyone here from the UK? London in particular? Do you folks ever meet up?

• Phizzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit