Why no females on the governing body but ok to be one of annointed

by not bitter 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    read all the comments about the GB . why would you want to have part in that?

--

That's a strong argument for women's intelligence. Note that there's never been a women's "equal rights" movement in the WT.

As noted, some women run the cong. as Elderettes anyway. The best of both worlds- power without culpability (and the required ass kissing to get appointed).

St. George- LOL!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

From what I could tell, the ratio of male-female "partakers" has always been pretty even.

The fact that there have never been women on the GB should have been the first clue that the GB has never given an at's rass about what the rest of the "anointed" thought.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If you were to ask a serious question of a dub he might say that after death and "transformation" of the anointed, they are no longer male or female. They shed the earthly body and their sexuality to become "raised as a spirit"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BluesBrother - "They shed the earthly body and their sexuality..."

Yeah, I remember that.

An eternity without sex after (theoretically) having experienced it as a human?

God, that sounds depressing... I'd take oblivion any day.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    they are no longer male or female. They shed the earthly body and their sexuality to become "raised as a spirit"

--

Which raises the question: how, then, does a JW explain the angels lusting after and mating with human women prior to the Flood? If angels are neither male nor female and have no sex drive, how does that happen?

Not that I believe the story, but that's where these silly ideas JWs believe start to circle the drain rather quickly.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndDontCallMeShirley - "...how does a JW explain..."

I'll stop you right there.

These days, JWs don't really "explain" anything.

It's no longer their mandate.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

You're changing the topic

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    You can have female annointed and they get to rule with JC over the minions.

Because it's a delusion based on wishful thinking. It's perfectly fine to offer an 'opportunity' that will never actually happen.

• not bitter
    not bitter

I wonder why there isn't a feminist movement of sorts within the JW's. Maybe the women don't feel oppressed.

I think when I was in I was just grateful I didn't have to stand up and give talks like the fellas or say prayers.

It was the oppression of Muslim women that got me thinking about this subject. Not that I'm comparing JW women with Muslim women. I think JW women have it fantastic compared.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Just as there will be no female pope, there will be no such addition to the GB. The reasons are not only idealogical. You can't just jump to the GB from nowhere. Women are in absolutely no positions of authority in the JWs, anointed ones included. The closest thing you can get to power would be a wife of a GB member or Bethel top administrator, and this would only be by extension. The GB wives had power only because of who they were married to, and people had to have had a sense of fear about displeasing them. Even if they were to decide one sunny day to appoint a woman, who would it be, and why choose them in particular? They've got men at Bethel and the branches who'd be first on the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit