Seen the GB Lately?

by Prisca 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• spender
    spender

AlanF: I think it was brother Barber that we saw 2 (maybe 3) years ago at the convention in DC. They had two guys wheeling him in on a wheelchair, then he got up with his cane and walked to the podium. He looked like he was in his 80's.

• sf
    sf

"Milton Henschel: has severe Alzheimer's disease"

How KONvenient.

"Theodore Jaracz: active and in good health"
    "Daniel Sydlik: active and in good health"

No doubt, it's all the protein they consume daily.

"Albert Schroeder: frail health, mentally ok for a man of 90"

Mentally okay, for a Man? hahahahaha ( alan)

sKally:

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• meat pie
    meat pie

I saw Dan Sydlik at Newcastle arena in 1997 I think. His closing prayer went on so long I nearly slid down a row of seats. Also weren't there any GB at the International convention at Edinburgh 1998? I don't remember ANY of it at all!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I saw Ted Jaracz at last years district convention, in August, that would be six months ago.

He walked with a cane and with the support of another brother. He gave a one hour talk with the use of notes; his concluding prayer was long and a little rambling, but was lucid enough and I couldn't tell if he was using notes for that or not. I hope not.

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• spender
    spender

haha, that reminds me of a prayer at one of the conventions...the guy had it all written out...he was giving it like he was giving a talk...kept looking at the audience, only had his head down to look at his paper! then he didn't say "amen" at the end of it...makes for an awkward prayer since noone knows it's over. Also dubs were instructed before that that the person giving the prayer should say "amen".

• RR
    RR

I remember seeing freedie franz towards the end of hisn life at a convention. At the last day of the convention they brought him onb stgae with the help of an attendant whom you could hear franz scold "get off me!" They propped him up in front of the mic and he gave a twenty minute prayer, where all he did was repeat the same line over and over again. And of coure he got a standng ovation.

Crazy how they treated like celebrities.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Prisca,

Ahh yes, the "Nethinim" class. Didn't they have cousins? Potential for endless 'classes' here. The "Cousins Of The Inactive Nethenim Class" battle with the dying "Active Elisha/John Inkhorned Class".

I suspect that the long-living members of the GB would have died quite a while ago if they had to face, mortgage payments, tax bills, travel expenses, *children*, utlities payments etc. etc.

Cocooned from anything *real* that closely resembles non-political stress is good for your health obviously.

What these guys seem to forget while they chide, demand and insult the intelligence of their parishioners, is that they are kept men.

I well remember a few years ago tackling the London Branch Coordinator over an issue in a manner that he obviously felt was disrespectful. "What gives you the right to speak to me like that?" he asked, "I pay your rent" I answered.

Best regards - HS

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Several years ago there was an International Convention in Berlin in the Olympiastadion. Albert Schroeder needed two helpers to take a long way to the stage - one on the right and one on the left.

I was not there, but the CO later used that view to attack 'those who want to live a comfortable life'.

• Imbue
    Imbue

I haven't seen any of the GB lately but I have seen a few give talks at the KH or assemblies. These are the ones I remember:

Henschel............can't remember no impression left...must not be good
    Barber................terrible speaker
    Klien...................tolerable speaker
    Swingle................fair speaker
    Fred Franz...........was a very engaging speaker

The first time I saw Fred was at my first memorial back in the 80's near NYC. The last time I saw Fred was at Yankee stadium. (the last outdoor convention we had because of the heat) They carried Fred out to the podium around the diamond baseball field. (They aren't allowed to walk on the grass) He was wasn't lucid. He died within the next year or so.

We haven't seen them around lately.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hillary-Step:

"What gives you the right to speak to me like that?" he asked, "I pay your rent" I answered.

I LOVE IT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit