Went to DC... wife had a moment of clarity

by leaving_quietly 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

So if it will stand up to scrutiny then what is to be feared by investigating apostate books and websites? If you have the truth everything will be easily varified lies? I can't understand why the Borg would say that. It seems like they are inviting people to wake up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

thecrushed: I can't understand why the society would say that.

Did you ever play poker?

They're bluffing. It gives them the illusion of integrity and honesty.

They know that after the Human Apostates talk on Saturday very few JWs would dare call them on it!

• man oh man
    man oh man

I think to since it was the public talk they were kissing up to the visiting bible studies knowing that the rank and file will not take the bait.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

My time will come in the Netherlands in couple of weeks (BWAGGGHHH)... I will be attending the DC in Zeeland (1 day) and 2 days in Utrecht (total waste of my time and money!)

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

EXACTLY Dewandelaar!!! If the truth would stand up and they don't fear those 'apostate' websites then why did an elder friend of ours hammer me for visiting Archeology magazine's website and learning about the 607 bce lie?????

They're liars!!!!

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I think to since it was the public talk they were kissing up to the visiting bible studies knowing that the rank and file will not take the bait.

Yup. Public Edition talk, in a Study Edition convention...

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Out of the corner of my eye, my wife, who was taking notes, looked up quickly, as if in shock at the statement, then glanced over at me.

This is a hopeful sign. Sometimes the exit process is the accumulation of a steady drip of unusual statements that don't fit with one's reality. It's always possible to just pour oneself into more activities to reduce the dissonance, but it could also go the other way and she could start to wake up. [In Christopher Lee voice:] "I hope so...for yooour sake."

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit