Deuteronomy 18: 20-22 and the FDS's failed prophesies.

by braincleaned 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Rattigan350 You obviously are picking and choosing. THe "parable" of the FDS is not even a prophesy and yet they use and explain it as such.

My quoting Deuteronomy 18: 20-22 is not at all off subject, as the GB consider themselves to be of Christ, and what they do cannot be labelled other than prophesy.
    So I find your comment disingenuous.

PS: Let me add to that that the WTS repeatedly hints that all prophesies have a second meaning/accomplishment.

AND… the scripture is clear about the what IS and IS NOT a prophet.

• erbie
    erbie

You are so right.

I used to love ruminating on this scripture back in the good old days.

Thank you for reminding me of this nugget of truth that sheds light on their lunacy.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

when Jesus said what he said in matthew 24:23-28 this was before the new covenant and the false messiahs and prophets mentioned i would think come under Deuteromy 18.

according to the Watchtower February 1994 i believe these come after the tribulation of 70 A D.

i think there are people who have claimed to be Christ

and i think the Witnesses identify the archangel michael in Revelation 12 as Christ around 1914 who returned invisibly and recieved a kingdom.

I think this is a different Christ to the trinitarian one.

i also think that Jehovah's Witnesses are ambassadors substituting for Christ, the archangel michael one. and they are Kingdom proclaimers with reference to 1914.

But i could be mistaken in my views and understanding.

• mP
    mP

@Ucant

YOu are blinded by your christian education. I dont mean to be rude, but the Jesus character's life was written after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. He has been written in and is commenting on the false messiahs who tried and led many to fight against Rome. Jesus is not talking about today he is talking about the past. The author is trying to use religion to say the old thoughts about jewish liberation and messiah are false. YOur new masters are Rome. The kingdom of God is the kingdom that conquered Judea and they are Rome. Rome gave you your bible, picked the books, tried its best to delete from history the other christianities.

Lets not forget the gospels and NT always say to pay your taxes, and that kings rule because God gave them that authority. No where does the NT say slavery, taxes etc are bad. Eveyrhting it teaches is completely compatible with empires like Rome. Its not about welfare or kindess its about authority for people like the Caesars of Rome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit