Deuteronomy 18: 20-22 and the FDS's failed prophesies.

by braincleaned 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

When JW's come to my door, I don't tell them I am an ex, just because they will move on and you will not have helped them see the obvious.
    So I show them this scripture, and the new WT of July 2013 makes it even easier to confirm that new light is just moving the goalposts.
    If Jehovah really exists, they are in for some heavy crapstorm from him!

Deuteronomy 18: 20-22:

20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’
    _____

— there is no such thing as "old truth" or 'old understanding; either it was or was not the truth, or it was a lack of understanding.
    Still, they prophetized, and in view of their error, they are now reconstructing another pile of BS they now call 'truth'...
    The sheep are truly sheep... sigh...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good point.

Furthermore, Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion who can fulfill that since the scriptural passage only refers to false prophets specifically prophesying in Jehovah's name.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Very good point!

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Lol... the funny thing with the WT$ is that they always say: we never prophecied in his name... but at the same time they CARRY his name and call themselves his witnesses... now THAT is some sneaky twisting and turning

• mP
    mP

I said it before and ill say it again, Christians are the biggest liars around.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I am so tired of this scripture being used as an attacking point.

That scripture was originally meant as a way to identify the messiah and the false messiahs,

and was not meant for after that time.

It told them to look for one like Moses and can do more than Moses.

There would be many that would claim to be him and even do signs like Moses, so that was to tell them to believe them all.

• Ucantnome
  • Heartofaboy
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Rattigan350 but these are ambassadors for Christ

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They claim that it applies today. You must approach everything from their viewpoint. Maybe it doesn't apply today, but they BELIEVE AND TEACH that it does. They speak very confidently about what the Bible really teaches, and expel any who disagree. All while claiming to be the sole channel of salvation, and the only " prophet-like oranization" being used by JEHOVAH (tm).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit