Preview of Forum vNext - "Return of JWD"

by Simon 47 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Hopefully, it won't be too painful blondie - one of the reasons I value feedback is to make sure people are comfortable with any changes and they make sense. I want to try and optimize the UI for the common tasks people do so it isn't as clunky to fund the topics you're involved in for instance (that isn't done yet, don't go looking for it !).

I'm going to try and re-use design elements throughout so once you learn the main concepts of the interface they can be re-applied.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Thanks Simon! Awesome!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Will we be able to post there eventually? Sorry if you said and I missed it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Its extra interesting to be able to see who last posted on a thread.

S

• Comatose
    Comatose

I like the last 3 posters icons showing there.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, eventually it will be 'the' site. Not just yet though.

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

Sleek, modern and very fresh.. like it. ;) (Someone already put the link up in here somewhere.) Looking forward to the tweaks.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

while i understand screw all about IT. i understand the determination and focus it takes to make you're thoughts a reality. could that have been the meaning of "faith moves mountains"? faith in you're own vision and goal is limited only to the imagination. keep on truckin dawg.

• Simon
    Simon

One other thing - if you have the home page open, sorted by last updated then every minute or so it will update with an animation (as long as your mouse isn't over the topics)

Longer term there will be more dynamic updates, e.g. see posts adding while you are prepping a reply, see simikar topics while prepping a topic.

The PMs are pretty slick (not on the preview yet).

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

It would be good to have a wee number appear on the pm's when you have a message, just like a text on the phone. Not that I get overwhelmed with messages here but would still be handy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit