Read it and Weep

by cha ching 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Cha ching, you really hit it right on the gnat's ass with this one (with their own literature)- thanks for sharing. It makes me kind of sad to think how much of our time was wasted and how much of other peoples time will be wasted as no real research is ever done.

Blind obedience leads nowhere fast and being duped into believing something and placing your life's eggs in one basket sucks.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Jesus said " I was hungry and you fed me naked and you clothed me.

sick and you visited me..." And then said that if you did these acts of kindness to others

it was as if you did it to Jesus personally. This was the central identifying mark, how

we would treat and interact with other people.

If you actually do any of these things the elders will counsel you and tell you to offer Bible studies only or else they may come into "the truth" for the wrong reason.

FACT!

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

So how can an un-inspired prophet like the WT be able to interpret sophisticated prophecies and explain them,

like the book of Revelation, without the Spirith of Truth??

Doublespeak yet again!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good catch Cha Ching !

Of course , as has been pointed out, these are weasel words for the Public to marvel at, and have never been followed by the WT.

If, as a baptised member you do not go along with whatever the WT spouts, you are DF'd, even if you have checked it with the Bible and found their explanation wanting.

They have spoken out of both sides of their mouth for so long their face is all out of shape.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

They have fleaced & 'beaten' the flock over many decades with their weasel words........................the millstone must surely be around their necks.

Hoab

• Splash
    Splash

Yet in the same year they released a WT saying they were prophets!

w72 4/1 p.197

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative... This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men and women... known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show? "

Splash

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

@ splash, Nothing condems WBT$ more than their OWN words! Thanks for the quote.

• steve2
    steve2

The Watchtower's worst prophetic offense is not getting its predictions wrong - hell they're human; what else do you expect? No their two very worst prophetic offenses are: Requiring the rank and file to believe the Watchtower's predictions without question and to be shunned by family and friends if they don't.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I am sick of this. Everyday I get more and more pissed off at this disgusting religion. All day everyday it's all I think about. The lies and bullshit this effed up cult spews out and my family and friends can't bloody see it.

• steve2
    steve2

2+2=5 yes you are in good company. As trite as it seems, time does help dull the pain, although it never quite completely goes. Don't give the Witnesses the satisfaction of sinking to the level of "bitterness" they expect of those who leave. The very best "revenge" is to take your self and dignity in hand and vow to live a happy and rewarding life. It seems to genuinely confuse Witnesses when former brothers and sisters leave and do well - especially when those in one's old congregation fully expected a meltdown of the mental kind. Part of my own personal recipe for rebuilding my life was to refuse to give those judgmental SOBs the satisfaction of living down to their predictions of what I'd do after I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit