Read it and Weep

by cha ching 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

Recently, we were challenged when we told someone that the WT itself says that it is not inspired, and we then were asked “is that something you recently started to believe?”

How many people just “forget” what the WT has said?

Well, read it and weep.

Here is what is written inside a February 1972 Watchtower, on the inside cover…

THE PURPOSE OF “THE WATCHTOWER”

Every watchtower has its purpose. It serves as an elevated place for a wide-awake person with sharp vision. It enables him to see far ahead into the distance and tell those below for whom he is a watchman what is drawing near, whether it is a danger against which to prepare or it is something good over which to be glad with strong faith and hope.

Because of having the name “The Watchtower” this magazine justly has to render a similar useful service to the people of all nations. This is an international magazine and makes no racial distinctions, for we are all facing a common world danger, we are all hoping for a common good.

Ever since “The Watchtower” began to be published in July of 1879 it has looked ahead into the future, always striving to aid its readers to advance knowledge and to gain a clearer picture of the glorious new order of things that is in store for righteous mankind. No, “The Watchtower” is no inspired prophet, but it follows and explains a Book of prophecy the predictions in which have proved to be unerring and unfailing till now.

“The Watchtower is therefore under safe guidance. It may be read with confidence, for its statements may be checked against that prophetic book .

Number 1. The Watchtower SAYS it is not inspired

Number 2. What has the WT just instructed us to do? “Check it’s statements” against the Bible.

• cha ching
    cha ching

cha ching!

• Ding
    Ding

Yes, but when you check what the GB says against what the Bible says, you are supposed to agree with the GB every time.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, because men are their authority for doctrine, not the Bible. The scriptures are not profitable for correction of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Bible actually is powerless to change what Witnesses will believe. Only men in New York can change what a Witness believes the Bible teaches. The Bible can never change a Witnesses beliefs contrary to what these men say.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Cha Ching - If you check with the Bible even on non prophesy issues, Example: like

the doctrine of "two classes" based on the words "other sheep I have which are not

of this fold" which on examination in its context and in other scriptures clearly refers

to the Gentiles joining the Jews and grace and salvation being extended to all nations,

if you were to argue this biblical point with the Watchtower/ governing body you will not

find them open to reason. The two classes, is a made up, WT doctrine, designed to isolate

one body of people as absolute authority, similar to a Pope/Bishops/priests, hierarchy.

They refuse to acknowledge basic scriptures that have day to day practical application,

like the scripture where Jesus said " I was hungry and you fed me naked and you clothed me.

sick and you visited me..." And then said that if you did these acts of kindness to others

it was as if you did it to Jesus personally. This was the central identifying mark, how

we would treat and interact with other people. Reaching out not with magazines but

with actual acts that improve the day to day existance in a material way, of other people.

NOT just other people of our chosen religion, but people we didn't know,

as in the other example he gave of the good Samaritan and the stranger.

These are fundamental basic concepts of social responsibility that the WT turns inward

to worship the governing body and its own organization.

The twisting of simple instructions given by Jesus to be connected and

helpful in society at large, is the way the WT identifies itself

as an anti-Christ organization, who is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

The Watchtower Organization Pretends to be what its is not.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Just sickens me...

• whathappened
    whathappened

What we hav here is a catch 22 situation.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The WT is no inspired prophet... but we should treat the WT like it is.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The Watchtower is like an abusive parent who lies continually

to his children, directs them down wrong roads, promises and promises

rewards on certain days and then when the day comes says;

"I didn't promise that. You hoped in vain, its not my fault."

They are like the worst parent who tells his children to wait,

and then never shows up. The Watchtower never says its sorry,

for people who died following doctrines they later changed.

They never accept responsibility for their own words

which is the definition of an unsafe leader.

They use peoples lives up and then ignore their responsibilty

to them, they abandon the wounded,in battles they started

and sent soldiers into. Which is the definition of a Dictatorship.

They have no compassion for the weak and defensless in their own ranks,

they turn their backs on children, sons, daughters and

encourage their followers to emotionally abuse their own familes,

in direct contradiction of scripture that says:

" Never turn your back on a relative. " Isaiah 58:7

• cha ching
    cha ching

Village Girl: Agreed.... Good illustration ...The WT is like an abusive parent who lies continually to his children, directs them down wrong roads, promises and promises.. rewards on certain days and then when the day comes says; "I didn't promise that. You hoped in vain, its not my fault."

Ding: So true... I was just hoping for that one person who had a bit of sense left in them &

Whathappened: Catch 22 .... I guess they do always carry around their escape hatches... but I am trying to just leave the last bit of explanations to "them."..... Saying something like, "just doing what the WT says to do.... You do want me to do that, right?"

Mr Freeze: That is the most irritating part of it... "we are not inspired by spirit, just led by spirit" "we are not a god, but treat us like one"

Vanderhoven7: Amazing that those men in NY have more say than Jesus or the Bible. I just hope one person sees the irony in this.

NeverKnew: I am with you. A lot like listening to the Pharisees, "I cannot take care of my parents, I have promised all to the temple"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit