New Light? Or moving the Goalposts?

by braincleaned 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• designs
    designs

LongHairedGal- 1995 and the Generation change was so blatant and so 180 it left COs and DOs flabbergasted.

• etna
    etna

CULT, CULT, CULT, CULT..............

Etna

• etna
    etna

CULT, CULT, CULT, CULT..............

Etna

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Crazyguy:

'is your arthritis acting up how can god help'.

I distinctly remember a "Help for Arthritis Sufferers" headline on an Asleep! mag from early 2002. Yep, doin' the lord's work there, LOL. Help for Arthritis Sufferers. I shit you not.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

LOL, like she said its a cult.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Asked of what he thinks about the new light about the FDS, bf said the there wasn't any light in the past, that the GB forgot to switch on the light

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Wow! All these comments are so on spot!

The WTS is SO paranoid that the newbies find anything out, that you can be disfellowshipped for apostasy for reading AND discussing older material FROM THE WT!!!

God forbid you remind them of failed prophecies! It would not look so good with Deuteronomy 18: 20-22:

20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When a JW says, "Oh, that's old light," I think some good responses might be:

-- "Do you really think the WT leaders were being led by Jehovah's spirit when they came up with that?"

-- "Isn't it an insult to Jehovah to call that 'light' at all?"

-- "If Jehovah didn't tell them that, then where do you think it came from?"

DING, all good comments to be prepared in making a reply. (Prov. 27:11)

Doc

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Love it DesirousOfChange! :D

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FadeToBlack: I think as Ouibelette (sorry about spelling) mentioned recently, their comparison about Apollo's progressive understanding of the truth and the way it works in WT land fell short.

Thanks for remembering my comments!

For reference, here is a link to that thread for review:

Your analogy to the progressive nature of learning increasingly more advanced math concepts is very good. I'm going to use it!

I hope your efforts to reason with your wife are successful. Keep up the good work.

Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit