Why do witnesses listen to their GB

by speargrass55 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I guess what I want to know is the nature of their inspiration, do they hear voices, does God come to them in dreams or do they see visions or do they have some sort of burning bush at Brooklyn only they are privy to.

I think this is really important Speargrass. I started to wonder this just before I left. Nobody questions this and yet it is the most important thing in their belief system, that Jehovah speaks somehow through the Governing Body. Yet nobody asks how this happens, it seems to be an unspoken rule that you should not question it. By all means question it, in my view, because they have never explained it. Even though the whole reason for following their hundreds of rules depends on the supposed direction coming from God. Millions of people live their lives by all their instructions. Many have died because of them. It is about time they told JWs how they get these instructions.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

. . . brainwashed for too long (short answer).

Although collectively called the GB, its individual members are of the anointed “class”.

Talking about those having “truly received this anointing” it is claimed that they have no special insights, nor does their holy spirit abound beyond what some experienced members of the “great crowd” have. — The Watchtower 2009, June 15, pp. 23-24 par. 15

Just putting 2 + 2 together. Be your own prophet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit