Will Familiarity Breed Contempt For The Governing Body At Bethel?

by frankiespeakin 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

We all heard the saying 'familiarity breeds contempt' do you think this bunch of new boys on the Governing Body are breeding contempt with all they rub shoulders with at Bethel?

I think Anthony Morris with his 'I'm the corporation atitude' got to rub a lot of people the wrong way, paranoid Stephan Lett with his xenophobia(fear of strangers) and his wide open big mouth when speaking must cause a lots of contempt for himself, and lets not for get to mention Gerrit Losch and his hate of sports like football gotta make a lot feel like he's a self-righteous loonie, Herd got to be the envy of many black brothers at bethel not to mention his simple mindedness and an eye for good looking sisters.

Splane seems to be an irion fist in a velvet glove, the rest just seem to fade into the wood work, but these are just my opinons.

I'm thinking with all this armageddon always close but never materializing many of the old timers just look on with contempt as these new guys do their clumsy half witted best to guide the corporation through these ruff waters of unfufilled expectation and dashed hopes.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

And don't forget Guy Pierce, one of the most loathed COs of all time.

• TMS
    TMS

Very good observation, frankiespeakin. To accompany one of the GB in field service or on a shepherding call or to observe their idiocyncracies at a Bethel dining table is potentially disillusioning. That's why Bethel is the cradle of the apostacy.

tms

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm thinking that these guys on the Governing Body are in a self imposed secusion even at Bethel aside from their GB work on different committees their social contact are more rare than they are common. As familiarity breeds contempt they know they have to keep social interreaction limited, it is bad enough that the Bethel family got to listen to them quite a lot durring mourning discussion of the text they don't want to add any more fuel to the fire lest it become a ragging firestorm due to their individual quirks that can be upsetting when repeated enough times for all to get the picture that there is something missing in their intellect which shows them up for what they are irrational delusionalist.

• designs
    designs

I know going out in Service with a CO was disillusioning, same with taking them on Shepherding Calls.

They rated somewhere between a pushy Fuller Brush salesman and a completely incompetent marriage couselor.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The more intereactions the GB have on a more personal basis at bethel, the more contemptable they become because their reasoning is all f*&*up and screwie.

Getting up and giving a speech as a Governing Body member has it's own dynamics and worshipful projections among the indoctrinated but on less formal settings is where the contempt is more likely to surface in the consciousness of others there at Bethel.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When Governing Body get up and give a lecture they project the image that their shit don't stink, but down off the platform which imparts to them a god like image they become more susceptible to a different projection from the faithful that might include egocentricity, delusional paranoia, snobbery.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TMS - "Bethel is the cradle of apostacy."

Oh God, that's sig-worthy.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Well, if it is the cradle of apostacy, I hope my little brother wakes up some day

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

How does one get a job on the Governing Board.

Let's say you're married, you're a memorial-taking anointed member, an elder, too. How would you become a GB member? Is there a form to fill out or do you have to be recommended? And once you're in, do you have members fawn all over you?

Does anyone here ever known someone who became a GB member?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit