Unintended fallout from July 15 WT on "Anointed & Generation"?

by prologos 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• earthfire
    earthfire

Marking

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

As I understand it they don't teach the anointed are the "generation" any more. That was briefly the teaching for a couple of years, but was dumped in favour of an "overlapping generation" of the general population from 1914 stretching God knows how long into the future.

• prologos
    prologos

slim boy slim:

it appears to me that when they speak of overlapping it is the young fella fourteen in 1914 that takes the emblems, dies in 1998, and the next youg fella that knows him takes the emblems with him and then that now 30 year old anointed will die BEFORE Armageddon in th 2080s to go to heaven.

It is ANOINTED Generation aalll the way down, like the turtles that support the flat earth.

sorry, nobody seem to get my point:

Armageddon is part of ALL THE THINGS happening to that generation.

BUT THE anointed will not live that long,

Armageddon does not FALL in that generation.

That generation will die BEFORE Armageddon.

Jesus included Armafeddon IN the generation,

The new WT does not.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm starting to wonder if the Peterist View like Newly-enlighten brought out about the Generation isnt actually correct. In the Gospels Jesus said 'This Generation' Also in acts 'This generation' was mentioned again and in Revelation 1: 1-3 it mentions things that will quickly take place. Some scholors believe that Revelation was written earlier then 96ce more like 60ce and some of the argumants make sence. Not sure were that leaves us, but interesting anyway.

• steve2
    steve2

You have to be rational-minded and vitally interested in these sorts of haphazard revisions to see what nonsense is being spun. You credit the largely apathetic rank and file with sufficient rational-mindedness and interest to even bother to smell the whiff of nonsense that is right under their bored-to-sleep noses.

• prologos
    prologos

crazy guy, my simple mind does not work at THAT level,

Wt has the GENERATION TIME PERIOD wrong

In one instance it includes Armageddon, the generation will not pass before Armageddon is done,

and in another

The GENERATION TIME PERIOD ends BEFORE Armageddon.

not only is the generation overlapping

the generation has two endings. or

there are two side by side generations, one longer than the other.

WT fabrications all.

• prologos
    prologos

steve, you are right, but WT stakes its authority, its dominance over the sheep

on the fodder they provide, and

IT IS ROUGH.

roughage.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Gerat point Prologos!!! I'm going to use it!!

• Laika
    Laika
    Slimboyfat: As I understand it they don't teach the anointed are the "generation" any more. That was briefly the teaching for a couple of years, but was dumped in favour of an "overlapping generation" of the general population from 1914 stretching God knows how long into the future.

The exact wording from the Society was:

"John Barr made clear that the gathering would not continue indefinitely. He referred to Matthew 24:34, which says: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." He twice read the comment: "Jesus evidently meant that the lives of the anointed ones who were on hand when the sign began to be evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of the other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." We do not know the exact length of "this generation," but it includes these two groups whose lives overlap. Even though the anointed vary in age, those in the two groups constituting the generation are contemporaries during the part of the last days. How comforting it is to know that the younger anointed contemporaries of those older anointed ones who discerned the sign when it became evident beginning in 1914 will not die off before the great tribulation starts!"

Although they will no doubt move the goalposts when time requires, it's quite clear that what they are saying is: The current members of the Governing Body are not going to die off before the end.

• prologos
    prologos

laika, thank you, but please watch your double negatives.

The Governing Body or ANY "anointed"

WILL DIE OFF BEFORE the end, i.e. Armageddon, because

they will be in heaven BEFORE Armageddon,

you have to die to go o heaven, even Jesus had to.

only laika went to heaven, into orbit without first dying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit