How long do you believe Born Agains and JWs will wait for Rapture/Armaggeddon?

by booker-t 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

I feel so sorry for devout BACs (born again christians) and devout JWs because they are spending their whole lives waiting for something that may or may not come. I sometimes want to cry when I speak with my 80 yr old JW mom and hear her say Armaggeddon is around the corner. Or hear my Born Again Aunt say "the rapture is near and Jesus will take her to heaven soon" I just want to shake both of them. I love them both to death but it is hard for me to see people so "indoctrinated" It has been 2000 years and Jesus still has not returned. Armaggedddon and Great trib has not made its appearance yet. How long do you posters believe BACs and JWs will wait before they say enough is enough? Remember now watchtower bashers I am asking about both BACs and JWs so if you bash JWs please feel free to bash Born Agains.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ah yes, there will be ridiculers who ridicule. . . . .

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They will have to wait until it happens. Doh!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Booket-T. Both dooms day cults will wait as long as they have congerations full of people who cannot read the bible and study on their own, but will still contribute their monies in their contribution boxes.

Affectonately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• prologos
    prologos

desirous of change:

Peter: "--There will be ridiculers--",

why?

because

WT has made a JOKE out of the "--coming of the end--",

a cheap joke, a pepetitious joke

18-- 1914, 1925, 1941, 1975,-- soon now.

this or that generation, overlapping generation

and the r&f is falling all over,lapping it up.

laughable,

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

They won't have to wait long, this system can't go on much longer.

We are in the last of the last days.

It's coming soon......

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Whether it comes or not, you don't have to be a member of some embarrassing Christian cult to survive. Just follow natural religion, ie, follow your conscience and be a good person. Basically, just follow the golden rule!

Why would a deity who is supposed to be a loving father and full of tender mercies mercilessly destroy billions of buddhists, muslims, taoists, agnostics, etc, just because they weren't in some silly Christian church? I mean, come onnnn.....

• designs
    designs

I wonder what Hal Lindsey and Billy Graham are thinking these days.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The Jehovah's Witnesses have a warped view of Armageddon that's completely unscriptural. Thus, it will NEVER come. The evangelical Christians tend to have a more realistic view of what Armageddon is and what must first occur.

Armageddon is not about the salvation of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's about the conversion of the Jews to Christianity. According to John the Beloved, the Jews must first build a temple. If by Providence the Dome of the Rock and the Muslim mosque are destroyed, the Jews will undoubtedly see it as a sign from God to build their temple. Ezekiel provides the instructions for its building and John was permitted to measure it. (See Revelation 11) Not only must the temple be rebuilt, the Lord will raise up two prophets to defend the Holy City. The Gentile armies to the north will be held at bay by the two prophets for 3.5 years; then they'll be killed. The Gentile army will celebrate the deaths of the two prophets, but after three days, they will be physically resurrected and ascend into Heaven to meet the returning Christ.

We see that Israel's enemies will be those nations "round about" (the Muslim nations). When the sixth seal earthquake hits, it may destroy the Muslim edifaces built on the site of the Jews' ancient temple. Nevertheless, you'll know that Armageddon approaches when the United States ceases to be a superpower. In the power vacuum that follows, a great Gentile power will arise and march on Jerusalem. For the real story of Armageddon, read Zechariah 12-14, Ezekiel 38-39, and Revelation 11. Zechariah and Malachi report that JEHOVAH will be the one returning, while Christians say it will be JESUS CHRIST. Isaiah and other prophets say Jehovah will judge the nations, but John says that the Father judges no man, but has committed ALL judgment to the Son (John 5:22) Thus, evangelicals and other Christians see Jehovah and Jesus as being one and the same.

So the Jehovah's Witnesses are flatly WRONG in their attitudes and expectations regarding Armageddon. That's because they study the Watchtower and accept the Governing Body's interpretations about Armageddon. According to biblical prophecy, one-sixth of the Beast's army will actually be spared. The reason is most likely that the ones spared are good, decent, honorable people. If this is so, then the JWs won't be the only survivors.

I recommend Joel Richardson's insightful book, The Islamic Antichrist. Sadly, he fails to cover the two prophets; however, it's well worth having.

• mP
    mP

yadda

be careful the d lama is a two faced snake just like the GB, they have a pedophile coverup program that parallels the catholics and jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit