My Grandma passed away

by Kool Jo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Good day all:

While at work a couple days ago, I got a call that my grandma passed away. She would've been 86 next week, but she still lived her life...so I'm getting emails ect from my home congregation from folks just checking up on me. So an elderly JW sister said to me "even though she wasn't a JW, only Jehovah can decide if she'll be resurrected or not, so keep strong".

Well I'm taking a couple days off to be with my family and attend the funeral. I'm glad she wasn't a JW and she enjoyed life to the fullest.

In other news...the company I work for hosted a seminar at a church (for those who were less fortunate)....and I was surprised!! It's what people would consider a "black" church...lot's of singing, clapping ect...but I realized that these folks seem happy. It was a huge difference from the Khall, just sitting down like a zombie. These folks were just as friendly as some of the folks at the Khall...ofcourse the WTBS wants us to beleive that their are only "loving" people at the Khall'.

Peace

Kool Jo

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Kool Jo,

I am very sorry about your Grandmother.

~~~~

What you wrote...about her living her life to the full ..

made me think of the jws I knew who have since passed away...

they were just waiting and waiting for the 'real life'.

Sad.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

I wish I had the right words, just know I care...and glad to hear she lived her life.

SW

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

My condolences,Kool Jo.

Bangalore

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

So sorry about your loss..my grandmother passed last month as well. She would have been 89 this month. She was a JW for over 60 years and a "pioneer" for just about that long. I loved her dearly and miss her every day. Although she was one of the most faithful JWs I've ever come across, she never judged me or anyone else around her. I let her know my views, I knew hers, but we both still loved each other regardless. I wish that every JW and ex JW could have the relationship we had....there wouldn't be so much heartache.

Love,

Diana

• cult classic
    cult classic

Grandmothers are the best! I share the pain you must feel at this time. It's a beautiful thing that she was able to live a full life.

*The comment about the resurrection was typical JW-speak for "I have no idea how to be a friend at this time so I'll just say something stupid...."

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So sorry about your Grandma Kool Jo but glad she lived life to the fullest, that's what it's all about.

• Simon
    Simon

Sad to hear about your loss.

Losing a granparent is like loosing a link to a generation and an age that you can never get back.

While going through old topics I came across one I started when my last grandparent died. Brought back a lot of memories.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sorry to hear about your lose of your Grandmother. Totally ADD

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry for your loss. But if the truth was told by HER! I think she might say
    'I'm Sorry to be losing you but I am glad I am going it "aint" no fun to be old, aches & pains.
    But heartache for you ...I am looking for ward to closing my eyes for the last time.I am 86 too
    For you though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit